CUBA/HAVANA OVERNIGHT - How does Camp Carnival Night Owls work?

jrsafford

We're going on the Carnival Paradise out of Tampa on October 5th to Havana, and after spending a fun/cultural/educational day on October 6th with our 9-year-old son in Havana, my wife and I wanted to go see the Tropicana Cabaret that evening at 10pm. Unfortunately, that show prohibits children under 16. So, we were wondering if we would be able to check our son into Camp Carnival around 9pm, then have him automatically stay for the paid hourly Night Owls program from 10pm till we can check him back out before 1am?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

We're just a little unsure if there will even be a Camp Carnival program that night while docked overnight in Havana, or even a Night Owls program that night, and then even more unsure if a child (with prior notification to the Camp Carnival staff earlier in the day) will automatically convert from Camp Carnival to Night Owls without us being there at 10pm when Night Owls begins.

We were looking to book a private excursion on our own now since it's a MUCH better deal to book a private classic convertible car independently and also get dinner at the show and better seats compared to what the cruise ship is charging to ride in a crowded bus with no dinner. (Although, I read that the dinner at the show is nothing to write home about, but we read that you get better seats if you have dinner there)

Thank you for any information you guys can help out with!

Not sure on the question of it being open on that night but on other cruises I just tell the staff my son is staying in to the 1am time frame and it just rolls. We've never had to go back at 10 to "check" in to night owls.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

We're just a little unsure if there will even be a Camp Carnival program that night while docked overnight in Havana, or even a Night Owls program that night, and then even more unsure if a child (with prior notification to the Camp Carnival staff earlier in the day) will automatically convert from Camp Carnival to Night Owls without us being there at 10pm when Night Owls begins.

I can't speak specifically to Havana, but assuming that cruise operates the way all others do for Camp Carnival, there is Night Owls every night. Certain nights are designated as a "party", but I have always seen Night Owls in some capacity from 10pm to 1am. Carnival will likely happily take your money for those three hours. :)