Radiance Aft #1602

GMC

What's the saling date, and how'd you get the cabin? I hear afts are hard to come by.

While I haven't been in one, I have seen photos of them on webshots.com. Type in the search "Radiance aft" to bring them up. And also try Brilliance, Jewel and Serenade -- all going to be the same.

Lucky you, I'm green with envy!!! :D

Aft balcony...size plenty big...2 lounger chairs...2 regulars and a small table with plenty of room to move around. We do a cabin tour and have had quite a few people out there.

We love the aft for sailing and sitting and just about everything...however REMEMBER....when you are in port and a ship is behind you...do not walk around naked unless you want to.....be like me.....so used to not having anyone behind you...and OOPSSSS!!! yep there it was!

Lou

Just got off of Brilliance cabin 1602...and I took a bunch of pictures of the balcony. I think it's one of the best on the ship (IMHO). We had seven people on the balcony during our Panama Canal crossing and it was plenty spacious. It's wide and deep, with a metal wall on one side and glass wall (adjacent to 1600) on the other side. We booked another cruise on Brilliance and picked the date based on the availability of this cabin. It's one of the best bangs for your $$ for a Junior Suite and I think it beats the GS 1600 by a long shot.

Pros:

- Loads and loads of space in a nice, square balcony. About 15x12 in our estimation. We were given three loungers, two side chairs and a table and it was still very roomy.

- Nice and quiet in terms of hearing people wandering down the halls -- you don't hear them!

- Because the top of the balcony angles back, you can sit at the very edge of the balcony and get a phenomenal view of the stars. One night we were able to watch faint auroras across the night sky (no color because of the low latitudes) and the Milky Way and several planets were clear as can be.

Things to be aware of:

- Back of the ship can vibrate a bit...didn't bother us at all but may be noticable to someone who is sensitive to noise or vibration

- It's a hike to the back of the ship but after a day or two it really doesn't feel all that long.

- Late at night, they hose off the Windjammer and Seaview Cafe. You may hear the water hitting your balcony, or (in my case when I dozed off in my lounger) find yourself getting splashed with water. They do it way past midnight though so it really isn't a problem -- just something to be aware of.

- If you want privacy, just remember that the outermost 3 feet or so of the balcony can be viewed from the outside deck of the Windjammer -- as I discovered when I wandered out in my PJs and found fellow cruisers waving hello to me from the Windjammer deck :)

My cabin pix are at http://community.webshots.com/album/516723980rCeBLj. Hope this is of use to you!

Cheers,

Esther

On our Radiance trip last month one of the members of our group had that cabin. The cabin and balcony are great.

The only downside is the long walk to anywhere else. If that is not an issue then you have one of the best cabins on the ship.

The only downside is the long walk to anywhere else. If that is not an issue then you have one of the best cabins on the ship.

Oh, good. I can eat more food on my March Serenade cruise.

Thanks for the details on 1602.

Archived