QM2 with Kids - Thanksgiving 2006

Fang

For the past four years my family (myself, wife and 2 daughters) have taken a Thanksgiving cruise. All four of these cruises have been on Celebrity. We really like the childrens program. Unfortunatly, for Thanksgiving 2006 Celebrity is not offering a seven day cruise that will work for our schedule.

My wife and I cruised on the QM2, this past January. We really enjoyed it.

I know that the pool areas are not as good as a "cruise ship", but the pool in the back is not that bad at all, just small.

Has anyone used the kids facility? Do you think that two girls, ages 8 and 11 at cruise time, will be ok on the ship? Is there anywhere that I can get more detailed information on the kids program?

Thanks for all help.

I booked the Nov 18th cruise and also have 2 girls that will be age 8 and 11 at that time. I have been on Celebrity and it is my favorite, but you're right about that week and availability of good cruises...so we decided to try the QM2. Have also done Princess, HAL, and RCL and the kids have liked them all.

I understand that the QM2 camp is open 9-12AM, 2-5 PM and 6PM-12. The only confusion is whether it is 8-10PM or 6-12. I'm sure that for that week there will be plenty of kids, other non-holiday weeks I would be a little worried if I had kids.

Archived