Caribbean Princess - Please tell me all about it!

Littlegoo75

Hi there.

Could anyone who has sailed on the Caribbean Princess please tell me all about it? I am thinking about booking the Eastern Caribbean cruise on November 13th. I really have only sailed on a new Carnival Ship a couple of years ago, and on a Sitmar cruise when I was a kid, so I wouldn't have that much to compare it to. I just know that I prefer newer ships, large ships that offer a lot of activities, good cuisine, good nightlife, a good mix of passengers, a cruiseline that attracts a lot of late 20-somethings and 30 somethings, but not crazy partiers. Please tell me what your experience was like in this ship.

Thanks!

??????????? November 2004

Carnival Pride 4/27/02

Sitmar Fairsea 4/ 1983 ( I was just a little kid!!)

I think you'll find the ship to your liking. The pace is less frenetic than the party-hardy ships. You can still have a good time. One of the things I like about Princess is that the passenger mix is quite diverse. I was quite impressed with the layout of the ship. It handles people very well and gives you lots of choices for places to spend your day.

Completed:

Sea Princess, Royal Princess, Grand Princess (3X), Caribbean Princess, Golden Princess

Hey Littlegoo75- I remember you from the Carnival boards, although I read much more than I post. Too bad you can't come along with us on the 10/2 sailing, as DH and I are also CF and I'm sure we'd get along great! (I hope I am remembering correctly about the CF status. If not please forgive me.)

Since we have yet to sail Princess, I cannot vouch with certainty, but there does seem to be a great diversity in age on Caribbean sailings. Longer cruises attract an older passenger, in general. I have a friend in his late 20's that sailed the Grand in February and didn't have any trouble finding other young folks to socialize with, but my middle age boss was the youngest on board her Princess Panama Canal cruise last fall.

I agree with other posters that there are a bunch of nicely detailed CP reviews on the board this week. Reading them you can almost smell the salt in the air! icon_smile.gif

Take care and good luck!

10/04 - Caribbean Princess

1/03 - Carnival Victory

6/89 - Chandris SS Britanis

Archived