Carnival to Alaska questions

jimbug

Hello,

I recently received a "free compaion" coupon for Carnival, so essentially 50% off for each person. Yes, even though the discount is off the standard brochure rate, it is still a bit cheaper than using one of the internet discounters that I usually use. So anyhow, I think we've decided to go on the Spirit to Alaska in June.

First of all, there would be 4 of us (myself, DH, and my parents)...DH and I went to Alaska on Princess for our honeymoon in 2004, and this is my parents' first time there--and my dad's first cruise ever. We're interested in the June 7th Southbound trip, as for some odd reason, airfare to ANC and from YVR is cheaper for us than the other way around.

Nonetheless, I have a few questions. Has anyone used Carnival's pre-cruise hotel stay program in Anchorage? If so, did you find it convenient and the hotel(s) nice? Also, if we choose to make our own hotel arrangements, do you know if it is possible to meet the Carnival transfer bus to Whittier at the Anchorage airport the morning of the cruise? If so, how much $$?

Oh, one more thing--since I won't be able to see the shore excursion times and prices until I officially book (and even then, not until 180 days out), does anyone have a copy of the departure times and prices for the Soutbound trip?

Thanks--looking forward to seeing Alaska again!

Has anyone used Carnival's pre-cruise hotel stay program in Anchorage? If so, did you find it convenient and the hotel(s) nice? Also, if we choose to make our own hotel arrangements, do you know if it is possible to meet the Carnival transfer bus to Whittier at the Anchorage airport the morning of the cruise? If so, how much $$?

Oh, one more thing--since I won't be able to see the shore excursion times and prices until I officially book (and even then, not until 180 days out), does anyone have a copy of the departure times and prices for the Soutbound trip?

Thanks--looking forward to seeing Alaska again!

jimbug,

We were on the Spirit last year. It was a fantastic trip! We also did the Southbound trip. We stayed pre-cruise (which we booked on our own) at the Holiday Inn which had an airport shuttle. We used that to meet Carnival at the airport on the day of the cruise. The hotel was nice and had an extensive breakfast selection and fresh baked cookies in the evening. I'm not sure what hotels Carnival uses. Since we booked our airfare with Carnival, we were not charged an extra charge for the transfer to the pier.

As for excursions, we booked all of our tours (except the White Pass & Yukon Rail Road ($192 for 2 and we took the afternoon departure)) on our own so I can't help you with what Carnival offers.

My pictures are posted at www.flickr.com/photos/vacpics The Alaska pictures are in several albums. If you scroll down there will be a More... button on the left which will show all of the albums.

If you have any questions about the tour companies we used or anything else, you can email me at cayceaz2@cox.net.

Have a great trip!

Cayce

Guest Crazeecat5

My DH and I are in the process of booking Carnival Spirit's northbound Alaska on 7/26/06. We will also book a 2 night pre cruise stay in Vancouver with a day trip to Victoria. Anyone do this? Also did anyone book any of Carnival's excursions on this trip? any comments would be great!

Thanks,

Sheryl

disregard the clocks....will be changing them as soon as we book!

Guest Crazeecat5

My DH and I are in the process of booking Carnival Spirit's northbound Alaska on 7/26/06. We will also book a 2 night pre cruise stay in Vancouver with a day trip to Victoria. Anyone do this? Also did anyone book any of Carnival's excursions on this trip? Any comments would be great!

Thanks,

Sheryl

Guest Crazeecat5

My DH and I are in the process of booking Carnival Spirit's northbound Alaska on 7/26/06. We will also book a 2 night pre cruise stay in Vancouver with a day trip to Victoria. Anyone do this? Also did anyone book any of Carnival's excursions on this trip? Any comments would be great!

Thanks,

Sheryl

Thanks,

Sheryl

We did the Southbound cruise, but we stayed in Vancouver after the cruise. We did a package through Grayline that included our hotel and some tours. One of those tours was a day tour to Victoria. It included the Butchart Gardens and was fantastic.

Sorry I can't help with the Carnival excursions, but we did many private tours and were happy with all of them. If you want more information on those, let me know.

Enjoy your cruise!

Cayce

Guest Crazeecat5

How did you like the Spirit? My DH and I were on the Pride and the Legend. I would think the Spirit would be similar in design. Did you go to the supper club? We went to the one on the Pride and on the Liberty.

Thanks,

Sheryl

Archived