Are the Water Parks open on Port Days?

bender031177

I am planning our first cruise as a complete family. My son loves water slides and thought it would be fun for him to stay on board during port days and have less of a crowd to contend with. I am leaning towards a Western trip on the Magic.

Most of time, but exceptions include weather conditions (windiness) or a cleaning or maintenance issue.

I had the same plan with my grandson, so we stayed on board and planned a pool/hot tub/slide day. Unfortunately, after all of our other family got off and went about their excursion, we found out by reporting to the center pool that they were all unavailable for maintenance!

So, we went to the back pool....and we only in a couple of minutes before we were asked to leave as it was for adults only! I was so mad, there wasn't even anyone in the pool and only 1 adult in the hottub. I tried to explain that the center pool/hot tubs were closed...but it didn't make any difference. This was crappy.

What could they have done to make it better? Announce the pool/hot tub/slide closing in the daily paper. (We would have changed our plans and stayed onboard on a different stop). They could have also opened the back pool up for all of their guest.

Kim