Spirit newbie

Howlev34

Am new to NCL but I have been reading your wonderful postings.I would like to sail on the Spirit on April 16, 2006. Can you tell me if a balcony cabin is the way to go and also what is your ideal deck for your cabin on this ship? Thank you so much.

We sailed on the Spirit last year and booked a balcony and two insides very far AFT on the top deck.

WE LOVED IT!!

The location was perfect, we could walk out to the back deck and right up to the Buffett, basketball court, etc. Plus, at night the back deck is deserted so it was nice to have our own little spot for our teens to hang out.

I don't know why people always say there is noise on the top deck, we heard none of that.

We were (and will be again) on deck 11 midship in a balcony cabin, and we definitely heard the noise of chairs scraping in the morning. It sounded like they were getting set up for the day. However, since we are early risers, we just used the noise as our alarm clock. It was a comforting reminder that we would soon be lounging up above. :)

We had to move cabins because of the noise from above us. We were on deck 11 just below the buffet's kitchen and they prepare food all night and bang pots and move carts... and the noise was unbearable. Not sure how anyone could possibly handle that noise as it isn't constant that you can just get used to. There is quiet for two minutes and then a loud crash of something or other that startles you...I seriously think that cabin - 11127 - and probably the one or two others nextdoor are unfit for habitation.

We find that a window cabin is sufficient to look out and get the feeling for morning and night. The balcony is not necessary for us, unless you like to lay in the sun as chairs around the pool are very hard to get. People leave towels on the chairs for hours and never return.

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning,

You say that you were on desk 11 and will be again ,we cruise on 08/01/2006 and we get cabin 11127 and 11129 someone said those cabin are just under the Raffle kitchen and the noise is terrible .Which cabin did you have and how was it We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Archived