Leaving from Fort Lauderdale question on hotel.

nelsonbrandyl

Has anyone stayed at the La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport at 2620 North 26th Ave Hollywood, Fl ... it says it 3.99 minkes from Royal Caribbean terminal at Port Everglades.... we stay at La Quinta a lot just want to know if this a decent hotel in decent area? Or better suggestions on hotels if you have any at a decent price this one is around $129 a night. Thanks in advance.

URL=https://www.cruisecritic.com/]countdown.pl?image=Beach-8&name=Nelsonbrandyl&date=5-26-2018&text=&ship=Harmony%20of%20the%20Seas[/url]

Carnival Magic 9/18/2012

Carnival Magic 2/17/2013

Carnival Sunshine 2/9/2014

RC Liberty of the seas 9/18/2016

RC Harmony of the seas 5/26/2018

Is this for next May?

Look at Holiday Inn Express and Hyatt Place Convention center, both on or just off 17th St. These are just a couple miles from the port, in walking distance to stores and restaurants and on the trolley route to the beach road. Very popular with cruisers looking at moderate spots.

Use valuetrips.Com to book Hyatt Pl. to save off rate.

I have enough points for a free night that's why I was looking at la Quinta

URL=https://www.cruisecritic.com/]countdown.pl?image=Beach-8&name=Nelsonbrandyl&date=5-26-2018&text=&ship=Harmony%20of%20the%20Seas[/url]

Carnival Magic 9/18/2012

Carnival Magic 2/17/2013

It has pretty good reviews

Sent from my SM-G928T using Forums mobile app

Awesome thanks. I booked it. I know it's early but just trying to get little things like that taken care of. If I don't I will be so stressed and anxious doing things last minute. I am a list maker and planner.

Carnival Magic 9/18/2012

Carnival Magic 2/17/2013

Im the same way

Sent from my SM-G928T using Forums mobile app

We are driving from Texas. We like to drive and a road trip will be fun for us. But I am so bad I am already look at directions and I am buying and atlas to highlight out the way we will be taking. I will also make a list like 3 times before I actually start packing and seriously will start packing like a month ahead because I don't want to forget anything and I will re pack it just to try and get everything into 1 suitcase for me and 1 for him. Hopefully just 1 together.

Carnival Magic 9/18/2012

Carnival Magic 2/17/2013

Has anyone stayed at the La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport at 2620 North 26th Ave Hollywood, Fl ... it says it 3.99 minkes from Royal Caribbean terminal at Port Everglades.... we stay at La Quinta a lot just want to know if this a decent hotel in decent area? Or better suggestions on hotels if you have any at a decent price this one is around $129 a night. Thanks in advance.

Carnival Magic 9/18/2012

Carnival Magic 2/17/2013

I have stayed here pre-cruise in April 2016 and 2017. Lots of cruisers stay here. I used the shuttle service they offer (for a fee) to the port but returned to the hotel post cruise (left my car there during the cruise) via taxi.

It is about 7-8 miles (about 15 minute drive, depending on traffic) between the hotel and the port. Check it out on mapquest.

https://www.mapquest.com/directions/from/us/florida/hollywood/33020-1957/2620-n-26th-ave-26.038186,-80.159438/to/us/florida/port-everglades-305988962

I would stay there again, no problem.

Is their parking gated or anything? Did you have any problems with leaving your car there? It is by far cheaper I just worry cause I have a brand new car

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Parking is not gated. You are given a "parking permit" to display in the car and there is an area designated for parking while you are on the cruise. I did not have any problem leaving my car (which is not new) there during the cruise. If you have worries, it may not be worth it to you to use this option. Perhaps this borders on rationalizing, but my thought is I don't stay awake all night while a guest at a hotel worrying about my car, so why should I worry about it while on the cruise? If I was not comfortable leaving my car there while on the cruise, I would not stay there pre-cruise.

So, is it less expensive to stay outside of Ft Lauderdale and park at cruise port or to get a hotel with parking and take a shuttle/ cab to pier from hotel?

Too many variables to make a blanket statement on that - time of year, how far from FLL you are staying, and (perhaps most important) the length of your cruise. My last three cruises from FLL were 11, 10 and 14 nights, so parking at the hotel was a good option, cost wise, for me. Another benefit for me is that I prefer not to have to deal with driving into the port area and finding a parking spot. (Did that at Port Everglades in 2001 and 2008 and it was not pleasant either time, so I have used a park and cruise hotel package there in 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017.) YMMV

Parking is not gated. You are given a "parking permit" to display in the car and there is an area designated for parking while you are on the cruise. I did not have any problem leaving my car (which is not new) there during the cruise. If you have worries, it may not be worth it to you to use this option. Perhaps this borders on rationalizing, but my thought is I don't stay awake all night while a guest at a hotel worrying about my car, so why should I worry about it while on the cruise? If I was not comfortable leaving my car there while on the cruise, I would not stay there pre-cruise.

Too many variables to make a blanket statement on that - time of year, how far from FLL you are staying, and (perhaps most important) the length of your cruise. My last three cruises from FLL were 11, 10 and 14 nights, so parking at the hotel was a good option, cost wise, for me. Another benefit for me is that I prefer not to have to deal with driving into the port area and finding a parking spot. (Did that at Port Everglades in 2001 and 2008 and it was not pleasant either time, so I have used a park and cruise hotel package there in 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017.) YMMV

Thank you. I live in the country, but come from a small town. I also have anxiety pretty and so when we are in a new town I do worry about our car if we're staying somewhere. I know it's sounds crazy but I am a worry wort sometimes. Thanks for the advice though.

Carnival Magic 9/18/2012

Carnival Magic 2/17/2013