Bathtubs on FV Cabins on 'M' Class Ships

sdcruiser

Hi,

Are their bathtubs in the FV cabins on the M class ships? We're thinking about trading down from an SS cabin but don't want to lose the bathtub. This is for a 14night Panama Canal cruise. We currently have SS 6131, which I hear is a nice cabin with a larger balcony for viewing the Canal. However, I've also read these Aft FV cabins are just as nice. We are a family of three.

I did a search on these boards, but couldn't find my answer. Any help would be appreciated..

SDCruiser

No bathtubs in the FV cabins, just the standard shower.

We stayed in FV 8166 on the Infinity and the larger cabin and balcony is nice when you have more than 2 people in there (we had our family of 4). Here are some photos, a couple include shots of the bathroom and the shower:

Infinity FV 8166

The balcony for the corner FVs would be a great place to watch the Canal.

Your welcome. My personal preference would be also to save the money and trade down. In fact for our family of 4 we are booked again in an FV on the Constellation (still 13 months away though) and we would not want even a free upgrade to an SS.

We have stayed in the cabin you are talking about on Infinity. We are currently booked in an FV on Summit, but have never stayed in one.

We were a little hesitant in the beginning booking an FV, but we absolutely love balconies and the bigger the better.

I think when it comes to larger balconies, the choices are pretty limited on the M Class ships.

After doing much research, we are now very excited about having the aft FV corner cabin and would not trade it for ANY Sky Suite.

As far as the bathtub is concerned, we have had one on all of our cruises except the last one. The shower we had was nice and large and I never missed that tub.

We do use the T-Pool a lot on our cruises and that probably took care of our desire to just relax in a tub.

Astrid

I agree about the FV corner staterooms. We are on the Hawaii 3/12 sailing and gave up our SKy suite, when a corner FV came available. We have sailed previously on both Summit and Infinity in the corner FV staterooms. We don't particularly care whether we have a bathtub or not, since we don't use it anyway when we have had suites. It's more important to us to have the huge balcony, and we also like the separation of sleeping and sitting rooms.

Archived