Century Penthouse Deck- Noise from Above??

Screwbit

We are booked in a CC cabin on Century in September. With the Penthouse Deck being top deck of cabins, I was curious as to whether noise from above deck, with buffet restaurant and pool, is of any concern. We are fairly early risers, so I don't anticipate this being that big of a deal, but I am curious. We will be situated about midway between the mid-ship and aft elevators. Thanks for any input. icon_cool.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;9;11;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

'til the cruise of the Century

Celebrity Horizon '97

RCCL Sovereign '98

Grand Princess '99

RCCL Enchantment '00

Ocean Princess '01

RCCL Radiance '02

Golden Princess 4/5/03

RCCL Navigator 1/10/04

Celebrity Century 9/11/04

Diamond Princess-Alaska 9/05

We have stayed in the rooms at the very aft...never a problem

Big Red Boat

Royal Majesty

Royal Majesty

Sensation

Sensation

Big Red Boat

Majesty

Ecstasy

Ecstasy

Century

Celebration

Horizon

Destiny

Mercury

Century

Voyager

Zenith

Mercury

Horizon

Galaxy

Summit

Horizon

Galaxy

Century

Mariner

We were below the buffet area and there was a lot of noise around midnight. We finally figured out that they were vacuuming and hitting the walls with the vacuum. I would niver book a cabin there again.

But it was nothing compared to the Zenith where we , unknowingly, booked above the disco!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2004;9;7;16;00;00&timezone=EST-0800

<marquee width = 45%> Century Nov/00---Norway June/01---Monarch Oct/01---Grandeur Nov/01---Mercury May/02---Horizon Feb/03---Century July/03---Zenith Nov/03---Zenith Apr/04---Constellation Sept/04</marquee>

We stayed on the top deck on the Horizon below the pool area. We had to change rooms after a coulpe of nights, because the noise was so bad. The sound of dragging chairs went straight through the deck.

Horizon 3/'03

It appears we'll be below the buffet restaurant, so I'm not TOO concerned about the noise. We're rarely in bed by midnight(on cruises! icon_biggrin.gif), and as I said, we are up fairly early. I'd be a whole lot more concerned with the pool right above me, though with the pool hours, I'm not sure why! icon_rolleyes.gif Guess we'll find out soon enough. Thanks for everyone's input.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;9;11;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

'til the cruise of the Century

Celebrity Horizon '97

RCCL Sovereign '98

Grand Princess '99

RCCL Enchantment '00

Ocean Princess '01

RCCL Radiance '02

Golden Princess 4/5/03

RCCL Navigator 1/10/04

Celebrity Century 9/11/04

Diamond Princess-Alaska 9/05

Archived