Barcelona Zoo

Weird question I must say :) ... it's safe to walk everywhere in Barcelona. Why wouldn't it be? We don't have no-go areas like in some cities elsewhere.

As per whether it's worthwhile visiting the Zoo... that's very particular as everybody has different expectations so I cannot say. For my nephews they love it though.

Anyhow... some other ideas to take a 7 y.o...

The above mentioned Zoo de Barcelona

Parc de la Ciutadella -the Zoo is here

Museu de la Xocolata (Chocolate Museum) -close to the above

-at the heart of the Old City, small but quite informative about these Catalan traditions

Aquarium de Barcelona -by the Old Port

CosmoCaixa, the science museum -northern neighbourhoods of the city -the posh area. Easily reachable by metro.

Tibidabo -and ol'time fun fair with magnificent views over the city. Check schedules, it's not every day: https://www.tibidabo.cat/en/home

Parc del Laberint d'Horta -also known as the maze.

Font Màgica de Montjuïc -open only certain days at certain hours: http://lameva.barcelona.cat/en/what-to-do-in-bcn/magic-fountain

... and you should check whether on the day you intend to be in Barcelona there's any festival going on... castellers, a festa major.... these are often more memorable than any attraction.

PS: Click on the bold blue links for a peek

I remember seeing Copita de Nieves in Barcelona zoo years ago, a very characterful gorilla.

If I only had two days in Barcelona and didn't know the city, I don't think I'd waste my time going to the zoo, just my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

More like be followed by all those thousands of pickpockets out to rob you of your passports to sell on the black market.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's what I was thinking they were worried about. Debating where to go Nd what to do myself while there so I do appreciate the bold blue suggestions!

Well, you could encounter a few tourist-hating anarchists :eek:

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I think a visit to the Chocolate Museum would be perfect for a 7 yr old. Unless you have a chocolate museum in your hometown, this would be unique thing for kids to see. And of course, you will buy them chocolate. How could a kid refuse that?

Not worth it for adults, unless you are a kid at heart, or a diehard chocolate fan- but then I would recommend an early breakfast stop at this historic Granja M. Vader on Career d'en Xucla (a side street near Las Ramblas) for churros and chocolate .