Carnival Gift Cards

tugbascruises

I'm sure this has been discussed many times, but can't seem to get it straight! No judgment please!;) How do I get/where exactly do the Carnival gift cards come from? The ones with the logos? Are they discounted in some way? I'm a Platinum cruiser and never really heard of these with the exception of someone giving as a gift perhaps. It seems people buy for themselves I've noticed on some threads...

Have booked 2/18/18 on the Pride out of Baltimore as well as a 3/31/18 on the Conquest out of Fort Lauderdale, so any extra savings would be great!

Thanks all! :D:D

I get mine through AARP. I earn reward points each time I log in and when I complete surveys. A $100 gift card cost $90 plus 1000 points and a $500 gift card cost $450 plus 5000 points. The become available often but sell out fast so you have to check often to catch the deal.

We've bought them through AARP and their "Rewards for Good" program. You don't have to be an AARP member, but you do have to sign up for an online account, take some quizzes to earn points, and then you can buy them at a 10% discount. This morning I paid $900 for $1000 worth of gift cards that we'll use on ourselves.

http://www.aarp.org/rewards-for-good/

Others pick them up from grocery stores where they may earn points towards discounts on gas later.

I'm not familiar with the Verizon and Allstate programs people mention.

Several ways to get discounted gift cards. Rewards programs with Verizon (will be no longer available soon), AARP and Allstate Drivewise will allow you to collect/earn points to redeem towards discounted Carnival Gift Cards. For example, Allstate Drivewise - 1000 points will get you a 100.00 Carnival E-Gift card for 90.00. So saving 10%.

Thank you all for your responses! Unfortunately I don't meet the age requirement yet for AARP, lol:'):')

But any/all other suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks again!!:D

You don't need to "be of AARP age" to participate in the Rewards for Good program.

Many times grocery stores also have offers on gift cards. Local grocery chain has specials, buy $100 in gift cards, get $10 off gas or store credit. Another way to save $ on the value of the card

Citibank rewards has (or used to have) them. I haven't checked lately. I think it was 1,000 points for 10 or 20% discount.

They are also sold in many grocery stores. While you probably won't be buying them at a discount through a local store, you get whatever reward points (gas, etc.) your grocery store gives. At times, they offer double or more points for gift card purchases. It's not much, but it's something.

Thank you all for your responses! Unfortunately I don't meet the age requirement yet for AARP, lol:'):')

But any/all other suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks again!!:D

You dont need to meet the age requirement for AARP to join the rewards program. The same with Allstate Drivewise - you do not need to be an Allstate customer to join the program and earn points.

You're not alone in not-knowing about AARP - We recently discovered this as well and it's been a great addition. You can track your fitbit to it and you barely have to do anything for the points. We also do Allstate - and we check out our local grocery for fuel points when you can get 'free' gas for spending on gift cards.

• 2 weeks later...