Renting a car in St. Marteen

luv2getaway

I have read on other posts about renting a car and touring the island in St. Marteen. Are the car rental locations close to the dock? Any suggestions of what we should see on our tour? I am travelling with my husband, 2 kids (12 and 8) and Mom (who can't walk for long distances.

You can rent a car right at the end of the dock. And you can even get a ride from the ship to the end of the dock. Car rentals are easy and I have had better luck renting at the dock than on line. All the major renters are right there and once you've booked your car they take you to the parking lot to get the car. They also have parking right next to the rental area so you can come back to the dock, park go back to the ship and pick up the rest of your party. Did this last cruise into St. Marteen aand had rented the car and was back in under 1/2 hr. Got off early and was back on the ship gathing up everyone before 8 AM

Captrain

32 princess cruises and counting

My dh and I and 2 dd rented a jeep this past March. There are 4 rental agencies right off the ship and they were vieing for our attention (apparently lots of cars). We liked touring the island ourselves had no problem navigating, make sure you ASK for a MAP. My DH didn't but good thing I had printed a map off the internet! This was I believe our best day on that cruise. Enjoy!

RCCL Radiance

Princess Ocean, Dawn, Star(old one)

Carnival Paradise

Hollard New Amsterdam

Was in St. Martin January, had reserved from Hertz (located at the end of the Pier)a car but at the dock upgraded to a jeep. Call Hertz International or use web site for prices.

My DW and I had a great time, saw everything on the Island with plenty of time to shop in Marigot, eat lunch in Grand Case, catch some rays on Orient Beach, and shop in Philipsberg. Caught myself trying to fill the tank using dollars and gallons...oops liters. I think I put $10 dollors worth in and it seemed to get the tank back to original level.

Gas station very close to peir drop off area. Get a map from the internet as well as rental agency. Also search web for self driving tours of St. Martin. It is a very small Island and the driving is easy if you know where to go. Lots of traffic getting out of Philipsberg in the AM but the rest of the day was great. Get a jeep, put the top down and soak it up.

"its been a lovely cruise" J.B.

Golden Princess 1/04; Star Princess 11/02; Sun Princess 5/97; Crown Princess 6/92; Princess Carla 9/69.

Archived