carry on luggage?

lisap612

I work for a airline and fly quite often. I have gone to Hawaii with one small carry on and an empty duffel bag. To be set in first class we must dress for it (formal).

Dress formal for first class seating on a plane? C'mon.:rolleyes:

If he works for an airline, at least one of the legacy lines, they require non-revs to be dressed with a certain amount of formality, probably even more formal to get a non-rev seat in first class. My poor cousins, whose father works for AA, had to wear a shirt and tie for the entire 14 hour trip to visit us when we were in high school. After my last cruise as I sat in Miami airport because I missed my flight, I spent about an hour talking to a non-rev who had been denied boarding even though they had a seat available for her because she was wearing jeans.

As to the OPs question, check with your airline. Depending on the time of year, they do put more restrictions on carryons into certain airports, including Miami. And I mean even more restrictions than usual, including only one carryon, not one carryon plus a personal item. Just because one person has always been able to have two carryons when they fly into Miami (or anywhere) doesn't mean your flight won't have additional restrictions.

You wear your formal wear on the plane.

:D You're kidding, right? Thinking back over 50 years of flying, I've yet to see a single tux, sequined gown, or cocktail dress on a plane.

Okay, what I meant was I can wear what I would wear to formal night. Which is a suit - not a tux.

Unless they're really tight,you could probably wear three pair of pants and four shirts. If you dont' have to change your underwear every day,that helps cut down. Shoes take a lot of space,but if you keep all your clothing in the same color scheme,you can get away with just black or brown.:D

Needed a spew alert issued with this post...you'd think that by now, I'd learn not to drink as I read :rolleyes:

this post reminds me of the commercial where the wife is helping her husband get ready for a trip wearing all of his clothes cause his credit card rewards program hasn't sent his luggage:)

Archived