Upgrades

maxx

We (hubby & I ) only found out about our upgrade when we received our cabin key when we boarded the ship and I commented I thought they had made a mistake....

Oh what joy when they said we were upgraded.

Just keep wishing!

Marleneann.

Our first cruise we didnt get upgraded.

second cruise we booked ships option and when we got to the terminal were given our docs and we were uplifted 2 or 3 decks.

I think that is the benefit of going ships option they can upgrade you easier.

Dan

We got upgraded from Caribe to Aloha deck when we cruised on Sky last year. We found out when we got our cruise card during check-in. The only funny thing was all of our luggage tags had our C deck cabin number written on them but there was no delay and the luggage made its way to our cabin within an hour of us boarding.

When we had booked we thought Caribe deck would be fine but getting upgraded to Aloha was a bonus. Being only one deck below Promenade meant we were close to everything, our restaurant was just down the hall and we could get around the ship using the stairs and never even rode on a lift until we disembarked with our luggage in Sydney.

Being upgraded has spoiled us and on our next cruise we automatically booked the Empress Deck on Sun (Why didn't P&O align Sun's deck names with the rest of the P&O Princess Fleet???)

On Pacific Sun last year, we didn't get upgraded, but our cabin was changed to another cabin on the same deck, to be closer to our travel companions I guess, and even though our baggage was marked with our old cabin number, it found it's way to our new cabin with us having to chase it up, which was good.

Kym

We got upgraded from Caribe to Aloha deck when we cruised on Sky last year. We found out when we got our cruise card during check-in. The only funny thing was all of our luggage tags had our C deck cabin number written on them but there was no delay and the luggage made its way to our cabin within an hour of us boarding.

When we had booked we thought Caribe deck would be fine but getting upgraded to Aloha was a bonus. Being only one deck below Promenade meant we were close to everything, our restaurant was just down the hall and we could get around the ship using the stairs and never even rode on a lift until we disembarked with our luggage in Sydney.

Being upgraded has spoiled us and on our next cruise we automatically booked the Empress Deck on Sun (Why didn't P&O align Sun's deck names with the rest of the P&O Princess Fleet???)

Any upgrade would be nice, although I'm not that worried about it. We booked the cheapest, Riviera inside so if they change us we can only get better. If we were to be upgraded I would prefer it to be to an outside cabin rather than an inside on a higher deck. But I wouldn't complain about any upgrade. We also booked early (17 months in advance) and paid 7 months before sailing date. We'll just have to wait & see but I don't really care. After all, it's only somewhere to sleep & shower.

Karen

Any upgrade would be nice, although I'm not that worried about it. We booked the cheapest, Riviera inside so if they change us we can only get better. If we were to be upgraded I would prefer it to be to an outside cabin rather than an inside on a higher deck. But I wouldn't complain about any upgrade. We also booked early (17 months in advance) and paid 7 months before sailing date. We'll just have to wait & see but I don't really care. After all, it's only somewhere to sleep & shower.

Karen

You're right.....most of the time is spent out of the cabin. As virgin cruisers we booked higher up.

Can I ask you if you got a good deal booking so far ahead? We are planning another cruise but not sure when to book to get the best price. We got 50% off this cruise, although my friends only got 35% off as they decided to join us and missed the 2 for 1 deal.

Maxx,

we actually booked ours 18 mths ago ( 2 weeks to go Ya YA) We paid top doolar for empress deck at the time. A few months later they then gave past passengers 2o% discount if they booked whey that was advertised. We were really toey as we had already paid deposit and missed out. Unfortunately when you have to pay book so far ahead and the fact that you have children travelling with you, this is what happens as they only allocate so many children within each age bracket.

Last year just my husband and I went on one - ships option and actually were give outside Aloha one cabin in from restaurant. cldn't ask for anything better. As Dan said ships option they allocate where they have vacancies abailable. Next September we are doing B2B 14 nights on the Sky in Asia. We are booked in inside D deck and hoping for an upgrade. As previous it is only a place to sleep and shower.

Narelle

Hi Narelle

We booked our cruise on a whim, I saw the brochure, did the hard sell at home, & booked it as soon as he agreed (ie before he could reconsider).

I booked in August this year for next May.

We had to worry about leave from work & they held the booking for 24 hrs. Deposit would only be transferrable.

We are seriously thinking about an Asian cruise in 2007, waiting to see how we all cope, my hubby & my girlfriend suffer from motion sickness. Her hubby & I are fine, so at least we will be enjoying ourselves!!

We are researching all options to combat their motion sickness. Our only concern at the moment is if we can take needsles & syringes with us so we can give injections to them.

I look forward to hearing about your cruise.

Maxx

maxx,

just to let you know my husband and I went in MArch/April this year from here to Bangkok on the Sapphire Princess. I can honestly say that you couldn't even feel the ship moving. I put it down to the fact that it was a bigger ship than The Pacific Sky that we had been on several times to the islands. My son suffered really badly on his first cruise with seasickness.

I am friends with an elderly lady who went on the Sapphire and she suffers from motions sickness, she actually took a tablet every morning - I don't know what and she was never sick.

As for needles and syringes both her husband and mine also are insulin diabetics and never had any trouble taking the needles on board. We had a letter from the doctor just in case. A month before we went this year I suddenly developed blood clots in one leg and was touch and go if I wld be able to go. Ship was fine it was travelling on the plane back from Bangkok. I actually had to take injections with me to have before we got on the plane to come home. Once again just had a letter in case we got pulled up.

I am not sure how you are doing Asia but we have booked to take the children on the Pacific Sky next September in school holidays. I checked out the waters sailing around Malaysia and seemed quite calm compared to the rough seas we get coming in and out of Sydney - hence smaller ship but don't think it will be a problem with our son.

Hope this helps

narelle

maxx,

just to let you know my husband and I went in MArch/April this year from here to Bangkok on the Sapphire Princess. I can honestly say that you couldn't even feel the ship moving. I put it down to the fact that it was a bigger ship than The Pacific Sky that we had been on several times to the islands. My son suffered really badly on his first cruise with seasickness.

I am friends with an elderly lady who went on the Sapphire and she suffers from motions sickness, she actually took a tablet every morning - I don't know what and she was never sick.

As for needles and syringes both her husband and mine also are insulin diabetics and never had any trouble taking the needles on board. We had a letter from the doctor just in case. A month before we went this year I suddenly developed blood clots in one leg and was touch and go if I wld be able to go. Ship was fine it was travelling on the plane back from Bangkok. I actually had to take injections with me to have before we got on the plane to come home. Once again just had a letter in case we got pulled up.

I am not sure how you are doing Asia but we have booked to take the children on the Pacific Sky next September in school holidays. I checked out the waters sailing around Malaysia and seemed quite calm compared to the rough seas we get coming in and out of Sydney - hence smaller ship but don't think it will be a problem with our son.

Hope this helps

narelle

narelle, just curious. What islands did you go to and how was it. We're going to be there at the same time next year. Doing B2B. Sooooooo excited:D :D :D

Thanks. Kerri.

Kerri,

on the Sapphire we went from Syd - brisbane, whitsundays, cairns, darwin missed Penang boat broke down then to Kuala Lumpur, Vietnam, Singapore then Bangkok and stayed there a week.

Next September we are flying to Singapore for B2B 14 nights east and west coast Malaysia on Pacific Sky.

Which one are you doing??

narelle

You're right.....most of the time is spent out of the cabin. As virgin cruisers we booked higher up.

Can I ask you if you got a good deal booking so far ahead? We are planning another cruise but not sure when to book to get the best price. We got 50% off this cruise, although my friends only got 35% off as they decided to join us and missed the 2 for 1 deal.

No, we didn't get a good deal. We paid the price listed in the brochure (the funside saver fare). $7,748 for 5 of us. Had to book early because of the kids and especially as there are 5 of us as 5 berth cabins are restricted to 40 per cruise (or shoul I say "were" restricted as they no longer book them).

Karen

Archived