Carnival site issues?

sseknichols

Thanks! I switched to Firefox and it worked just fine. It's weird - I used Chrome last week for the same thing and Chrome worked, but then this time, it didn't. Gotta love technology.... :rolleyes:

There's something going on with the framework Carnival uses and how it interacts with Chrome. It seems client data storage-related because clearing cache, cookies and hosted app data seems to resolve the problem (but just clearing cache and cookies does not). For me, I've noticed it in the most innocuous portion of the website: The FAQs. I get to the page showing the Help topic I want to read, click on the link, and get Error 400 Bad Request. The links work fine in Firefox and Edge. (I haven't actually used Firefox and Edge enough to see if they suffer from the same problem if I were to use them instead of Chrome for all my Carnival.com visits, but from what I've gathered from what I've read online, this specific problem does seem to be restricted to Chrome.) Apparently, there are some security settings, or some specific behaviors (like deliberately logging out regularly), that perhaps avoid this problem.

DH thinks that CCL has been tinkering with the website for the past several days. He started complaining several days ago about funny things happening when he was trying to view excursions under our booking. And then something else strange just a couple of nights ago.