Breakaway 8/20 Sailing

Infiniti820

I'm wondering if anyone that was on the 8/20 Breakaway sailing heard of any medical issues? Mid week, I heard a "code alpha" alert and then, on Sunday morning my husband was walking down the hall on deck 11 AFT and he saw a few security guards standing outside of a stateroom and when he looked in, there were more in the room. He said the passanger in the room was embrace in a hug with two people and she was crying...I can't stop thinking about this because it was the day we were getting off the ship and I can't imagine ending a vacation like that.

On another note, this was my second time on the Breakaway, I have zero complaints about the cruise. We had gorgeous weather, Bermuda is absolutely beautiful. We went to horshoe bay Wednesday and then to Snorkel Park Beach on Thursday, we walked around the naval dockyard on Friday and did some shopping and then back to snorkel park for the last few hours. The ship never felt crowded except the obvious (adult pool area) but I had my 9 year old daughter with me so I was by the kids pool which was surprisingly empty everyday. We ate at Cagneys (always on point) and did the complimentary restaurants the rest of the time. I would do this itinerary again in a heartbeat- looking into for next summer on the Escape.

We were on the same cruise and heard the code alphas as well. Normally code alphas are medical emergencies requiring immediate assistance. I was on a ship where the code alpha was someone who was supposedly stabbed and one where someone supposedly died, but no idea about what happened this particular time. I hope the people involved are ok though!

I enjoyed the cruise but it definitely wasn't my favorite. We stayed in the Haven and kept coming across a couple who stayed there as well who were fighting with each other non-stop from the second they boarded, constantly cursing and yelling at each other. It was very uncomfortable, and not the cruiseline's faut in any way.. but makes you wonder why a couple so miserable would want to be trapped with each other in the same room for a week and pay an extra premium for it lol.

-Keith

We were on the same cruise and heard the code alphas as well. Normally code alphas are medical emergencies requiring immediate assistance. I was on a ship where the code alpha was someone who was supposedly stabbed and one where someone supposedly died, but no idea about what happened this particular time. I hope the people involved are ok though!

I enjoyed the cruise but it definitely wasn't my favorite. We stayed in the Haven and kept coming across a couple who stayed there as well who were fighting with each other non-stop from the second they boarded, constantly cursing and yelling at each other. It was very uncomfortable, and not the cruiseline's faut in any way.. but makes you wonder why a couple so miserable would want to be trapped with each other in the same room for a week and pay an extra premium for it lol.

-Keith

What Haven room where you in Keith? We were in an AFT Balcony 11910, next door to a Haven. Thankfully, I didn't come across the couple you are speaking of.

What Haven room where you in Keith? We were in an AFT Balcony 11910, next door to a Haven. Thankfully, I didn't come across the couple you are speaking of.

We were towards the front in a Haven Spa, 14128. We’ve never done an aft balcony but am thinking of doing that next, I hear they’re amazing!