Just Back from Conquest!

Rowan555

We just got home - I hope today's passengers got on board more quickly than WE did on 11-27, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were waiting until 1 or 2 like us - debarkation was SLLLOOOOOOOWWWWWW even with the VIP tags!

I have a gazillion emails to sift through, then I'll try to post a brief review later tonight and some photos by tomorrow evening. Any questions? Feel free to ask them here and I'll be happy to answer.

Susan

Susan ~

Sounds they were slow getting everyone on and off the ship. What time did you get off. I am convinced we will miss our 1:30 flight out of Houston. Were the VIP tags for an early flight? Just curious.

Did you enjoy the cruise? Were they able to tender into Cozumel?

I will look forward to your review. We leave on 12/11. Hope you had a good time.

Hi Susan! We had so much fun! We did self assist, and by the time we walked out of our room this morning at 6:20 till the time we got in our car with luggage in, it was 7:20, so it only took us an hour. I was very thankful we did that, it meant seeing my girls today before they went to bed instead of tomorrow since we drove over 9 hours.

Susan -

Welsome back. From reading last weeks reviews I would suspect your embarkation issues had to do with the disembarkation issues from the week before. Apparently they were some folks trying to smuggle drugs and the were led off the boat by customs in handcuffs.

Sound like your disembarkation went fine. I hope that will be the case for our cruise and the one the week before us!

Looking forward to your review.

Dang - just realized I was out Christmas shopping and missed the Conquest leaving tonight. Hopefully I'll catch the web cam next weekend.

We just got home - I hope today's passengers got on board more quickly than WE did on 11-27, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were waiting until 1 or 2 like us - debarkation was SLLLOOOOOOOWWWWWW even with the VIP tags!

I have a gazillion emails to sift through, then I'll try to post a brief review later tonight and some photos by tomorrow evening. Any questions? Feel free to ask them here and I'll be happy to answer.

Susan

Susan,

We were on the Pride to the Mexican Riveria in Jan of this year and was told that every three months, EVERY CREW MEMBER has to go through Customs. No one is allowed off until they are all checked out. :eek: Something to do with 9/11. Could that have been your problem?

Just try to remember all this is for our safety and maybe it won't be so hard to wait. Fortunately, we weren't flying 'til the next day, so it was not a REAL problem. It did prevent us from taking a tour down the Pacific Coast highway. As we are from the East coast we were looking forward to that. Maybe next time :confused: Glad you had a good trip. Any day on a ship is a good day! :D

Luv's Crusin'

Susan ~

Sounds they were slow getting everyone on and off the ship. What time did you get off. I am convinced we will miss our 1:30 flight out of Houston. Were the VIP tags for an early flight? Just curious.

Did you enjoy the cruise? Were they able to tender into Cozumel?

I will look forward to your review. We leave on 12/11. Hope you had a good time.

I REALLY wish we had packed lighter and done self assist - we would have been off the ship by 6:45. We had VIP tags b/c we joined the Carnival Vacation Club - so we were able to get off the ship just before the VIP tags with early flights. We walked off the ship about 9:10, I believe, and it took over 30 minutes to get through customs and out of the terminal. We were surprised by this, because in New Orleans we just handed our customs form to the representative at the bottomof the escalator, found our luggage, and left.

If I had a 1:30 flight I would definitely do self assist - that way you will most likely be off the ship well before 8 AM and have plenty of time to make it to the airport.

Does your carry ons go through an xray machine when you board the ship? Just wondered because I had a video camera that would not work once after it went through the xray machine.

ALL your camera equipment must go through the machine when you check in, as well as each time you board the ship after being in port (if you bring it with you into port, obviously). They will NOT hand inspect it. I'm not sure how the x ray machine could break a video camera - might have just been a coincidence.

After going through the xray my video that I taped was distorted. That was at an airport. Could have been just a coincidence, or maybe I just had a dirty lenses. I have it in the shop now so maybe they can get it fixed and tell me what is wrong with it.

Hi Susan!,

Welcome home. I can't wait to read your review. Is there any way you could make copies of the capers? We leave April 23 but I just wanna browse & see what kinds of things are going on right now.:rolleyes:

Thanks in advance,

Jw

Archived