Just for fun-What was the quickest your upgrade bid was accepted?

danak13

I know there are a lot of threads about the upgrade program and a ton pf people talk about how they had to wait until the last moment to know if it had been accepted.

I am curious to know what was the soonest yours got accepted. I just placed mine today (80 days out) and now I am anxious to find out!!

Could someone please explain how it works

Sure! Basically about 80 days out from your sailing, they send you an email or there is a message on your NCL bookings page (this was how I got mine) asking if you want to bid on an upgrade. From there, they let you bid two categories higher than what you have. You choose how much or little you want. Once you submit your bid, NCL decides to accept or decline but they can do this as close to your cruise as 48 hours before sailing so there is a long wait time generally!

Does anybody know, if you do get the upgrade, do you lose the promotions that you had originally such as the free at sea?

You do not. You also don’t gain any from the change in cabin category. (BA gets 2, ID only gets 1. We were approved to move to BA but remain at 1 “free at sea” item.)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

countdown.pl?image=Beach-8&name=PugsRuleATL&date=10-29-2017&text=&ship=Norwegian%20Epic

countdown.pl?image=Beach-8&name=PugsRuleATL&date=11-5-2017&text=&ship=Norwegian%20Epic

countdown.pl?image=Beach-8&name=PugsRuleATL&date=11-18-2017&text=&ship=Norwegian%20Epic

You do not. You also don’t gain any from the change in cabin category. (BA gets 2, ID only gets 1. We were approved to move to BA but remain at 1 “free at sea” item.)

Excellent, thank you for the quick response!

Edited by JusticeisKey

Received message 80 days out. Was approved 66 days out.

Approved at $125/person to move from an inside/ID to a balcony/BA.

Epic transatlantic, Nov 5, 2017 from Barcelona

Fingers crossed I have the same experience! Congrats on the upgrade :D

I just received the upgrade email today, we are currently in an Aft Balcony on the Getaway.. one of the upgrade options was an Aft Haven Suite.

It looks like I have to bid a minimum of $750 per person, is this correct?

I bid right at the 80 day mark, I'm now at the 30 day mark and I've not heard a thing. I am booked in an OB category oceanview room and bid only a balcony. Currently the only OA/OB rooms left are guarantee, while there are still 100+ balcony rooms across all categories available, so I'm hopeful

I just received the upgrade email today, we are currently in an Aft Balcony on the Getaway.. one of the upgrade options was an Aft Haven Suite.

It looks like I have to bid a minimum of $750 per person, is this correct?

We can not see what the range is for your trip or upgrade (it varies), but.... they will show a sliding scale with a minimum bid and maximum bid. You pick what you want. If you win, they charge that for two people.