Hurricane irma....ugh

Port Canaveral closing for Saturday. I am also on Carnival Magic on the 9th. The Magic is in Belize today so I am sure they will keep it a couple of days longer in the gulf and change our itinerary to a 5 day. We should know this afternoon. The 11:00 update has moved the storm a little bit more east. I just had a friend try to extend her hotel reservation and they are getting crazy money for additional days. Also anybody flying in and renting cars need to realize that many stations are out of gas. Everybody be safe.

nowhere on the ports page does it say it is closed on saturday. it says that it is closing the park and campground but the port is still open

Someone who is on the Magic currently just posted on another forum that they are coming back a day early and will be in Port Canaveral on Friday.

where did you find that post, I am curious to see what people that are on the ship now are saying?

We don't sail until February but every port is in direct line of this monster, St. Kitts, St. Maarten, Grand Turk, and San Juan. My question is should I just go ahead now and look for another cruise during this same time, or wait and see how many of the ports get back up and operational?

Renee

Pictures and videos posted on Facebook and twitter show so much damage in st martin. My heart goes out go those islands i have been lucky to visit through carnival. Carnival has brought the world closer for my family. I know we only visit once a year if lucky but those have been full of great memories.

where did you find that post, I am curious to see what people that are on the ship now are saying?

I'm in the magic right now in Belize. They said we will be getting to canaveral mid day Friday. If people want to stay on, they can until Saturday. At least as of now. I can envision that if the storm tracks a certain way, they make us all get off Friday and then sail out. If that happens, I feel bad for anyone who has flights. Driving will be bad enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm in the magic right now in Belize. They said we will be getting to canaveral mid day Friday. If people want to stay on, they can until Saturday. At least as of now. I can envision that if the storm tracks a certain way, they make us all get off Friday and then sail out. If that happens, I feel bad for anyone who has flights. Driving will be bad enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Who's "They"? Did the Captain make that announcement?

We don't sail until February but every port is in direct line of this monster, St. Kitts, St. Maarten, Grand Turk, and San Juan. My question is should I just go ahead now and look for another cruise during this same time, or wait and see how many of the ports get back up and operational?

Renee

I'd at least wait a few days until reports from the islands start coming in. They are used to hurricanes there and generally rebuild pretty fast, especially anything that brings in tourist $$. My very first cruise on RCCL was 2 weeks after a major hurricane destroyed Coco Cay (RCCL's private island in the Bahamas) and by the time we arrived 2 weeks later they had rebuilt the straw market and most of the food places, and had all the chairs and everything back out. If it wasn't for the leaves stripped off the trees you'd never know a storm had been by. And all the buildings looked so nice and new too, which was nice.

So give it a little bit, but I'd be surprised if you needed to cancel your trip.

Thank you Carnival for the BEFORE 1PM update. Not looking for definite decisions, but communication would be nice[/quote

Agree. I have refreshed the page a dozen times now. Just want to know if I should be preparing on making the trip down and setting up for the worst in NC.

Same in Charleston. You'd think Carnival would have standard updates every 4 hours - even if they only say no new info at this time. Also you'd think they'd set up an option on the phone line for IRMA updates.

Hurricane Irma

PLEASE SHARE WITH ONE PERSON WOULD YOU

-----------

Weather Update – 09/06/17 – 1:00PM (EST)

We have been closely monitoring Hurricane Irma, a category 5 storm in the Caribbean. Given the projected path of the storm, the following cruises have been cancelled:

Carnival Liberty – September 7

Carnival Victory – September 8

A full refund will be automatically processed, including Fly2Fun reservations, pre-purchased Carnival Adventures, Fun Shop purchases and beverage packages. The refund will be processed to your original form of payment within three weeks.

While it is difficult to predict the storm’s path with complete certainty, at this point, it is expected that the storm will impact South and Central Florida in the next several days. The safety and security of our guests and crew are our first priority and our ships will remain a safe distance away from the storm at all times.

We remain in constant contact with port officials regarding potential port closures in South and Central Florida. Given the uncertainty of the storm’s impact, we expect that we may have to shorten the duration of certain cruises scheduled to depart this weekend. In order to provide the most accurate information, we will confirm any changes to our departures no later than 48 hours prior to the sailing date.

Listed below are our sailings from Central and South Florida:

Carnival Paradise – September 7

Will depart from Tampa on Thursday, as scheduled. We are still evaluating the ability to call on Havana, as scheduled, and will notify our guests if any modifications are needed at embarkation tomorrow.

Carnival Sensation – September 7

Will depart Miami on Thursday, as scheduled. Our call on Key West will be canceled and guests will enjoy an extended stay in Cozumel.

Carnival Conquest – September 9

Carnival Glory – September 9

Carnival Magic – September 9

Carnival Splendor – September 9

Carnival Vista – September 9

We are still evaluating the potential impact the storm may have on our scheduled itineraries and will provide an update on Thursday at 1:00 PM.

Carnival Liberty – September 10

We are still evaluating the potential impact the storm may have on this sailing and will provide an update on Friday at 1:00 PM.

Carnival Sensation – September 11

Carnival Victory – September 11

Our intention is to depart from Miami on Monday, as scheduled. We will confirm our plans on Saturday at 1:00 PM.

Guests who sail on shortened cruises will receive a pro-rated refund of their cruise fare. Additionally, anyone who purchased our beverage packages will also receive a pro-rated adjustment. These refunds will be processed to the original form of payment within three weeks. Pre-purchased Carnival Adventures for cancelled ports, as well as any taxes, fees and port expenses will be refunded to your onboard Sail & Sign account. Gratuities will also be adjusted to reflect the shortened duration.

Alternatively, should you decide to cancel because your cruise duration has changed, you may do so and receive a future cruise credit in the amount paid, by calling 1-800 CARNIVAL, your Personal Vacation Planner or your travel professional.

We will continue to closely monitor Hurricane Irma’s forecasted track and encourage you to come back for further updates and sign up for text alerts by texting the codes below to CRUISE (278473).

Carnival Paradise – CCL1

Carnival Conquest – CCL2

Carnival Glory – CCL3

Carnival Magic – CCL4

Carnival Splendor – CCL5

Carnival Vista – CCL6

Carnival Liberty – CCL7

Carnival Victory 9/11 – CCL8

Carnival Sensation 9/07 – CCL9

Carnival Sensation 9/11 – CCL10

We sincerely apologize for the disruption Hurricane Irma has caused and we look forward to welcoming our guests on board.

------------------------------------------

Please let me know if you have any questions or worries ( on Visitors Posts ) please and I am here to help any way I can

be safe everyone

John

Carnival has posted that the Magic will be sailing out of Miami on Monday....guests will receive pro rated credit for shortened cruise.

that update is possibly misleading. Magic is grouped with those other crusies and after the last one which is Vista is says it will depart on monday as scheduled. That is not as scheduled for Magic and Vista was scheduled to sail on monday. I think for the ones above it, there is still no info if i read it right. i'm on hold with Carnival now trying to get clarification

Hurricane Irma

PLEASE SHARE WITH ONE PERSON WOULD YOU

-----------

Weather Update – 09/06/17 – 1:00PM (EST)

We have been closely monitoring Hurricane Irma, a category 5 storm in the Caribbean. Given the projected path of the storm, the following cruises have been cancelled:

Carnival Liberty – September 7

Carnival Victory – September 8

A full refund will be automatically processed, including Fly2Fun reservations, pre-purchased Carnival Adventures, Fun Shop purchases and beverage packages. The refund will be processed to your original form of payment within three weeks.

While it is difficult to predict the storm’s path with complete certainty, at this point, it is expected that the storm will impact South and Central Florida in the next several days. The safety and security of our guests and crew are our first priority and our ships will remain a safe distance away from the storm at all times.

We remain in constant contact with port officials regarding potential port closures in South and Central Florida. Given the uncertainty of the storm’s impact, we expect that we may have to shorten the duration of certain cruises scheduled to depart this weekend. In order to provide the most accurate information, we will confirm any changes to our departures no later than 48 hours prior to the sailing date.

Listed below are our sailings from Central and South Florida:

Carnival Paradise – September 7

Will depart from Tampa on Thursday, as scheduled. We are still evaluating the ability to call on Havana, as scheduled, and will notify our guests if any modifications are needed at embarkation tomorrow.

Carnival Sensation – September 7

Will depart Miami on Thursday, as scheduled. Our call on Key West will be canceled and guests will enjoy an extended stay in Cozumel.

Carnival Conquest – September 9

Carnival Glory – September 9

Carnival Magic – September 9

Carnival Splendor – September 9

Carnival Vista – September 9

We are still evaluating the potential impact the storm may have on our scheduled itineraries and will provide an update on Thursday at 1:00 PM.

Carnival Liberty – September 10

We are still evaluating the potential impact the storm may have on this sailing and will provide an update on Friday at 1:00 PM.

Carnival Sensation – September 11

Carnival Victory – September 11

Our intention is to depart from Miami on Monday, as scheduled. We will confirm our plans on Saturday at 1:00 PM.

Guests who sail on shortened cruises will receive a pro-rated refund of their cruise fare. Additionally, anyone who purchased our beverage packages will also receive a pro-rated adjustment. These refunds will be processed to the original form of payment within three weeks. Pre-purchased Carnival Adventures for cancelled ports, as well as any taxes, fees and port expenses will be refunded to your onboard Sail & Sign account. Gratuities will also be adjusted to reflect the shortened duration.

Alternatively, should you decide to cancel because your cruise duration has changed, you may do so and receive a future cruise credit in the amount paid, by calling 1-800 CARNIVAL, your Personal Vacation Planner or your travel professional.

We will continue to closely monitor Hurricane Irma’s forecasted track and encourage you to come back for further updates and sign up for text alerts by texting the codes below to CRUISE (278473).

Carnival Paradise – CCL1

Carnival Conquest – CCL2

Carnival Glory – CCL3

Carnival Magic – CCL4

Carnival Splendor – CCL5

Carnival Vista – CCL6

Carnival Liberty – CCL7

Carnival Victory 9/11 – CCL8

Carnival Sensation 9/07 – CCL9

Carnival Sensation 9/11 – CCL10

We sincerely apologize for the disruption Hurricane Irma has caused and we look forward to welcoming our guests on board.

------------------------------------------

Please let me know if you have any questions or worries ( on Visitors Posts ) please and I am here to help any way I can

be safe everyone

John

What about the Pride out of Baltimore on 9/10/17? There is no mention of it anywhere.

Carnival has posted that the Magic will be sailing out of Miami on Monday....guests will receive pro rated credit for shortened cruise.

Wow. So now I have to get to Miami instead of Port Canaveral to board the Magic. Didn't expect that.