Carnival Dress Code & other questions

Kingofcool1947

We were on line for dinner on Elegant night and the Maitre'd turned away a couple of guys in shorts. Their wives said, "I told you so" Not enforced at all is a poor blanket statement, it's just disrespectful.

Interesting. Now I'm really confused. :)

Thanks.

These are our homeport ships. Sailed them both many times. We were the guinea pigs for the American Table and its evolution.

--OV on the both the Imagination and Inspiration have two twins and a bunk. You can request a rollaway or trundle. A trundle is a bit narrower and shorter than a regular twin.

--DH wears a Hawaiian shirt, khakis and brown leather walking shoes every night onboard. He'll wear a fancier one for CE night.

--Closest hotels to port are the Queen Mary and the Maya. Be very careful of cheap hotels. Long Beach has some very rough areas.

--In Ensenada the Wine tour, and the Bufadora tour are both very popular. We eat and check out some of the museums. The Mexican Riviera board has lots of info.

Edited by SadieN

This thread has some great pictures of triple Fantasy Class OV/IS cabins with a rollaway or trundle. Some bed placements give more room than others. A bunk would be along a side wall. Sofas are only in the suites.

Oh.... the bathroom vanity in these cabins are truly horrible. A small roundish pedestal sink with one narrow shelf above.

Fantasy class ship with rollaway bed in cabin?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2534935

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This thread has some great pictures of triple Fantasy Class OV/IS cabins with a rollaway or trundle. Some bed placements give more room than others. A bunk would be along a side wall. Sofas are only in the suites.

Oh.... the bathroom vanity in these cabins are truly horrible. A small roundish pedestal sink with one narrow shelf above.

Fantasy class ship with rollaway bed in cabin?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2534935

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks.

The 4 day cruise we are thinking of taking sails out of Long Beach, CA . Carnival Inspiration.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

A few thoughts about the Fantasy Class ships.

Easy deck plan to figure out except for the aft MDR. If you are doing traditional dining, wait upstairs at the Alchemy Bar until it opens. Check out the Alchemy Bar while here.

The Serenity deck doesn't have all the bells and whistles of Princess' Sanctuary but it's free. A bit awkward to get to.

Hot Chocolate machines are a best kept secret in the buffet.

Edited by SadieN

Just off the 3 day on the Inspiration, on formal night multiple people had shorts and jeans on.

Ensenada take the shuttle into town $3 r/t and they offer a La Boufadora tour $17 instead of the $60 ship tour. Then you can walk into town afterwards and have a beer.

I have stayed at the Queen Mary, it wasn't before a cruise, but that would make it really convenient!

Sent from my iPad using Forums