Checklist for posting & replying to a bad review.

private92656

"I have learnt silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind..."

Kahlil Gibran (1883 - 1931)

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."

icon_smile.gif CC5 icon_smile.gif

Life is at it's best when your address floats

One MORE open Booking(s).

<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>

Sapphire Princess 09/04

Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>

Diamond Princess 12/04

Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02<FONT color=red>

West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>

Ecstacy 09/01

<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>

Century 12/97

<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>

Century 9/96

spongerob, my apology. I had two bad experience with our friends across the pond at purser's counter on Princess and CCL. I guess that just confirm my statement about us being human being and do make hasty comment sometimes. Will count to 10 next time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by spongerob:

Not a bad first attempt, except for that "commonwealth" comment. What you call venting might be seen as bashing by those with "commonwealth" home addresses.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My pleasure...is regulair french?

doris

"I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine"--Caskie Stinnett

Elation 10/20/02

Paradise 9/21/03

Pride of Aloha 6/07/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

How on earth did this reasonable, logical, (and previously polite discussion) degrade into petty ridicule of posting style and language?

Donia

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."

According to our beloved congressmen, it's not a french word, it's a "freedom word".

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dosi:

My pleasure...is regulair french?

doris

Elation 10/20/02

Paradise 9/21/03

Pride of Aloha 6/07/04

Star Princess 10/24/04<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry Donia...I was really hungry and had to jump for the bait. I will try to retrain byself. Don't really care for little worms anyhow.

doris

Elation 10/20/02

Paradise 9/21/03

Pride of Aloha 6/07/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

No, dosi. Regulair is a Jacqueline posting thing. I just borrowed it from her/him. (see Jacqueline's posting 5/16/04 at 9:34 p.m.) Dosi, I sure hope that you can "retrain byself", because no one I know cares for little worms, either. I think it's really great that posters like you will openly admit that you were sucked in! It just adds to the ROFLMAO atmosphere on the Princess Board that we're all experiencing! How are things over on the Carnival Board going, dosi? I just love this Board! icon_wink.gifCC5 icon_wink.gif!

Looks like I'm the other person who (tried?) to have some fun with the word "regulair", couldn't figure out why you would think it's degrading. No offence intented, maybe I'm not a good joker as I though I was.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DoniaG:

How on earth did this reasonable, logical, (and previously polite discussion) degrade into petty ridicule of posting style and language?

Donia

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to worry, private! Donia and others are trying (in a conspicuous way) to address me, without being "conspicuous". Right! I just think that someone who would say that the beginning of this thread was "reasonable, logical, and previously polite", hasn't done their share of homework reading, because it was none of that! The OP was pretty much attacked, and hasn't posted since. I can't say that I blame her. I'm really impressed with the "welcome" that some Princess long-time posters have given to new posters.

Sheesh, verwirrt! Where have you been? You seem to be a trouble maker! What is your problem that you haven't been reading about what's been going on? (This seems to be an acceptable response on the Princess Board) Ok, I'll tell. It's all about a new poster named Margeaux who actually had the audacity to say that she did not enjoy her Princess cruise, and was pretty much attacked for posting about it...which led private92656 to post a topic about appropriate responses, and the fact that "all reviews/opinions only reflect what the writer has gone through". I tried to stick up for her - as a NEW poster on Princess, and guess what? Trying to say that it would be a good idea to treat new posters - even those who have a very negative review of their cruise - with a little respect, seems to have generated the sudden gathering of the Princess "loyalists" into a frenzy of mutual admiration and support! Read back awhile, verwirrt. Read back, and back, and back. It's pretty sad! What is your problem that you haven't done this? (acceptable response on the Princess board). [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]CC5 [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]!

Private,
The main glitch in your post is the fact that first-time posters don't always read, they just post! That is why we get rants for first posts sometimes. It would be nice if they had read ahead, or read after, even, to get the feel of the board. So, your comments will only have any bearing on us many time posters.

I believe that is about what Jacqueline was trying to say. Right Jacqueline???

So, it is hard to read so negative of a post, written in anger, while ranting. Hard not to comment negatively in return. I do believe these ranting posts do scare off those with cruises booked on the ship! Yes, there are worse cruises and experiences, but I find it hard to believe any is horrible!

And I'm not just a Princess proponent, but a cruise proponent! I love Princess, but like all the other lines I've cruised, also.

Private, I think I know what you're wanting to achieve. I hope your good comments do help us all! Good post, all in all!

Nita

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
It's also good that CC specifically states that a poster MUST be a member of CC before they book their cruise, and are NOT allowed to post a negative review as a new member! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I read this post correctly, does this mean that I can't post a review of my cruise later this summer? I didn't know these boards existed until AFTER we booked our cruise (a year ago), but have trawled the boards assiduously and gleaned some marvellous information. But apparently I may not reciprocate afterwards? And where are these "rules" posted anyway? I've just re-checked the "welcome" post under "Community Guidelines" and can see no mention of this "rule".

As for the original post and the reference to "commonwealth friends" - well, perhaps I'll treat that with the contempt it deserves. After 50 years of travelling the globe, and meeting people from every continent, the only generalisation I can make is that you CANNOT make generalisations about people because of their sex/race/creed.

Enough.

Vivienne

27 July 04 - Princess Star - Mediterranean
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;7;27;12;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100[/img]

Thanks for the post Nita. That is exactly what I meant.
I am sorry that my spelling is not up to everyone standards...
I expected some people would not agree with my opinion but rather than addressing that point directly, they chose to attack other aspects of my post. No problem I can take it and i won't storm off in a huff .

Jacqueline
Constellation 3/20/04
HAL Westerdam 7/30/04
Tahitian Princess August 2003
Grand Princess Western Caribbean 2003
Brilliance of the Seas Baltic 2002
Ocean Princess- Alaska 2001
Celebrity Zenith- Bermuda 2001
Grand Princess Med 2000

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by imsulin:
I'm just wondering if I can be a _regulair_ poster and avoid using apostrophes! It would certainly gain me the credibility and respect that I deserve!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

After this string of posts it is going to take alot more than that for you to gain any respect.

Scott

[img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]CC5 [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Completed:
Sea Princess, Royal Princess, Grand Princess (3X), Caribbean Princess, Golden Princess

[img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]CC5 [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] from the first named, never shamed CC Princess Loyalist.

[B] Life is at it's best when your address floats [/B]
One MORE open Booking(s).
[B]<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>[/B]
Sapphire Princess 09/04
Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02
Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95
[B]<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>[/B]
Diamond Princess 12/04
Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04
Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02[B]<FONT color=red>
West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>[/B]
Ecstacy 09/01
[B]<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>[/B]
Century 12/97
[B]<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>[/B]
Century 9/96

My apologies to any who were offended by my post.

"How on earth did this reasonable, logical, (and previously polite discussion) degrade into petty ridicule of posting style and language?"

My apologies particularly to "Private" who started a thread that allowed people to back away from the emotions that the previous thread had generated and have a substantive discussion about the "hot" issue of negative posts.

In trying to be non-confrontational (though not "inconspicuous"), I obviously cast my net just a bit too wide.

Donia

Archived