Touring Havana on your own?

gatorgram

Will be in Havana Oct. 9 in a family group of 10. Does anyone know if when you get off the ship if there will be van's or taxis available as on other Islands? We were thinking of just touring on our own but probably will need transportation to maybe get from pt A to pt B. We will only be in Havana the one day and would like to see as much as possible. Any info or input on this will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Will be in Havana Oct. 9 in a family group of 10. Does anyone know if when you get off the ship if there will be van's or taxis available as on other Islands? We were thinking of just touring on our own but probably will need transportation to maybe get from pt A to pt B. We will only be in Havana the one day and would like to see as much as possible. Any info or input on this will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Travel to Cuba is still partially restricted. In order to travel alone, you would need to meet specific requirements. You can check with US Embassy to find out what these are or contact the cruise line.

I would highly recommend sticking with a cruise line sponsored shore excursion in Cuba as they will meet the requirements. Pick something that lets you see the most. This is also for your safety. Keep in mind that U.S. Currency nor credit cards are accepted in Cuba. Make sure you exchange cash, especially if you try to tour alone. You don't want to get stranded anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As of now you can tour on your own just keep the proof . Apparently old cars line up and you can request a tour but they only fit a few people . There are many tours available online such as walking tours for larger groups . I would suggest you read the Cuba port posts for a few ideas . We are leaving next week and booked Old car tours for a three hour tour with guide for $120 cuc .

As SailorSally posted, post 2 is NOT correct for those of who booked prior to June 16. The new orders have not been issued yet, thus do not apply to you.

Go to Caribbean / Cuba thread and check old posts. Almost everything you might want to know has been discussed and posted in detail over the past 6 months. A wealth of information is available there.

Enjoy your time in Cuba.

I'm not sure where the OP is from, but wanted to add a comment. The travel restrictions are only in place for US citizens. If you are Canadian (or other nationalities I'm assuming as well) you don't have these requirements on what you must do when there.

It's kind of interesting to me all the excitement people have over Cuba. It's been a cheap warm vacation spot for us Canadian's as long as I can remember. I haven't been, but I would say 50% of the people I know have been there more then once. Everyone says it's very safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums