Upgrade Question - balcony to mini suite

pmcx68

I have searched the forums and couldn't find an exact answer so I thought I would ask

I am on the Getaway in November and currently have a mid ship balcony room on level 9. I got my upgrade offer and the spa/haven rooms were way to much to upgrade to, but I could bid on a mini Suite Stateroom for fairly cheap.

Does anyone know if the mini suite would be worth the upgrade? I cant determine what type of mini suite it would be or what room type they are offering. My travel agent said the 9th floor had easy access to things and worry about changing floor on an upgrade. There are only 2 of us in the room and the upgraded bathroom size seems nice.

I would appreciate any advice you can give.

Thanks

Patrick

I have searched the forums and couldn't find an exact answer so I thought I would ask

I am on the Getaway in November and currently have a mid ship balcony room on level 9. I got my upgrade offer and the spa/haven rooms were way to much to upgrade to, but I could bid on a mini Suite Stateroom for fairly cheap.

Does anyone know if the mini suite would be worth the upgrade? I cant determine what type of mini suite it would be or what room type they are offering. My travel agent said the 9th floor had easy access to things and worry about changing floor on an upgrade. There are only 2 of us in the room and the upgraded bathroom size seems nice.

I would appreciate any advice you can give.

Thanks

Patrick

There are many factors to keep in mind, but mostly these two: A) Just because you make a bid, doesn't guarantee an upgrade. And, B) IF you are upgraded, you DO NOT get to pick where you end up (deck/location on the ship is "as assigned.") So, make sure you feel comfortable with rolling-the-dice, so to speak!

I was in a mini-suite on Escape and a friend in a balcony. To answer your question both rooms are exactly same with the following exceptions.

1. Room is bigger to fit a bigger bathroom

2. Dual vanity sinks

3. Full shower (not tub) but the area is as big as a tub (very nice)

4. Upgrade shower head with 6 body jets (these were very nice too)

All in all we thoroughly enjoyed the extra space in the bathroom but the rest of the room is the same as a regular balcony which we were very happy with as well. After stating in this room i have reason to want Haven area, unless you like the pampering which is a personal choice, for us we rather save the money and go on more cruises.

Hope this helps!

I always give the same advice. Before you bid, ask your TA how much it would be if you wanted to pay to upgrade and pick your cabin. See what that price is in relation to the minimum bid per person (and where you just get assigned a cabin).

If you are interested in getting a spa pass it would be another $200 per person so consider that in the price per person difference to just upgrade to a spa balcony - port side spa balconies have cabins above and below.

I was in a mini-suite on Escape and a friend in a balcony. To answer your question both rooms are exactly same with the following exceptions.

1. Room is bigger to fit a bigger bathroom

2. Dual vanity sinks

3. Full shower (not tub) but the area is as big as a tub (very nice)

4. Upgrade shower head with 6 body jets (these were very nice too)

All in all we thoroughly enjoyed the extra space in the bathroom but the rest of the room is the same as a regular balcony which we were very happy with as well. After stating in this room i have reason to want Haven area, unless you like the pampering which is a personal choice, for us we rather save the money and go on more cruises.

Hope this helps!

Thanks so much for this information. You just saved me $400.00.