Jolly Pirates was awesome on Nov. 29

Library Chick

Hello to anyone looking for a good shore excursion...

Carla runs Jolly Pirates and she saved our Aruba day for us. The Sea Princess got into port late and when I called Carla using the taxi driver's cell phone (thank you, Juan), Carla told me the Jolly Pirate had already sailed. Then this wonderful woman told me not to worry because she would have someone take us out to meet the ship. God bless her! When we got to the Jolly Pirate meeting place at MooMba Beach, she greeted us and led us to a lovely motor boat which zipped us right out to meet the new pirate ship (only 2 years old and in great shape). The crew treated us very well helping us to a seat (only 23 passengers on board) and serving us Pirate's Poison (a mix of fruit juices you can have with or without rum). We had fun snorkeling, eating yummy hot food, and playing on the rope swing. I was really bad at it, but it was still fun. Two guys on the ship did flips and Cirque de Soliel moves that astounded me. Some of the younger girls got to do piggyback flips into the water with these guys. I envied them, but alas, I'm too old to have that kind of fun anymore. Sigh... Once we pulled back into MooMba Beach they even gave us a Pirate's Punch for the road. That's classy. Usually once you've landed, the tour guides ignore you. These guys still cared enough to be sweet to us. If I ever get to a port which has a Jolly Pirate shore excursion, my husband and I will be on board for sure.

Enjoy Aruba to the max with Carla and the crew of Jolly Pirate,

Library Chick/Linda

• 4 weeks later...
Hello to anyone looking for a good shore excursion...

Carla runs Jolly Pirates and she saved our Aruba day for us. The Sea Princess got into port late and when I called Carla using the taxi driver's cell phone (thank you, Juan), Carla told me the Jolly Pirate had already sailed. Then this wonderful woman told me not to worry because she would have someone take us out to meet the ship. God bless her! When we got to the Jolly Pirate meeting place at MooMba Beach, she greeted us and led us to a lovely motor boat which zipped us right out to meet the new pirate ship (only 2 years old and in great shape). The crew treated us very well helping us to a seat (only 23 passengers on board) and serving us Pirate's Poison (a mix of fruit juices you can have with or without rum). We had fun snorkeling, eating yummy hot food, and playing on the rope swing. I was really bad at it, but it was still fun. Two guys on the ship did flips and Cirque de Soliel moves that astounded me. Some of the younger girls got to do piggyback flips into the water with these guys. I envied them, but alas, I'm too old to have that kind of fun anymore. Sigh... Once we pulled back into MooMba Beach they even gave us a Pirate's Punch for the road. That's classy. Usually once you've landed, the tour guides ignore you. These guys still cared enough to be sweet to us. If I ever get to a port which has a Jolly Pirate shore excursion, my husband and I will be on board for sure.

Enjoy Aruba to the max with Carla and the crew of Jolly Pirate,

Library Chick/Linda

Thanks for the great review of the Jolly Pirate. We are taking this excursion the end of March and we are really looking forward to it. Like you I will be living vicariously (sp) through the yunguns. :D

Archived