Liberty of the seas review Aug 20th sailing

We were on the cruise that was diverted to miami. Let me just say that we were treated wonderfully during this diversion. My review focuses on the first week and comparing things from when we sailed liberty of the seas last year June 2016 to this year August 2017.

There were definitely cutbacks. The slides/water splash pad had limited hours. Even on port days things were closed (last year they were not). My husband noticed that there were fewer beers (IPAs) on the irish pub menu....he was really looking forward to these. The ice cream machine had very limited hours...so lines were long when it was open. The food in the windjammer was just okay. I noticed fewer selections from last year. The windjammer closed at 9. Last year i could get skim milk for my son anywhere but this year they told me to order from room service (which meant a $7.95 service charge). Once the main dining areas were closed at 9, you couldn't find fresh fruit unless you ordered room service.

There were ways around all of the above...especially the milk and fruit....I just ordered extra milk in the morning and took a plate of fruit back from windjammer.

I also understand them closing things on port days...but one of our favorite things to do is spend a port day on an empty ship with no lines for anything.

We were on the cruise that was diverted to miami. Let me just say that we were treated wonderfully during this diversion. My review focuses on the first week and comparing things from when we sailed liberty of the seas last year June 2016 to this year August 2017.

There were definitely cutbacks. The slides/water splash pad had limited hours. Even on port days things were closed (last year they were not). My husband noticed that there were fewer beers (IPAs) on the irish pub menu....he was really looking forward to these. The ice cream machine had very limited hours...so lines were long when it was open. The food in the windjammer was just okay. I noticed fewer selections from last year. The windjammer closed at 9. Last year i could get skim milk for my son anywhere but this year they told me to order from room service (which meant a $7.95 service charge). Once the main dining areas were closed at 9, you couldn't find fresh fruit unless you ordered room service.

There were ways around all of the above...especially the milk and fruit....I just ordered extra milk in the morning and took a plate of fruit back from windjammer.

I also understand them closing things on port days...but one of our favorite things to do is spend a port day on an empty ship with no lines for anything.

We were on it in April & my sons (24 & 30) were able to use slides & Florider while we were in port. Sorry it was not like that for your sailing

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on the same cruise as you. I've sailed RCI about 5 times over the last 6 years. Every single sailing has more cutbacks than the previous. It's really getting beyond disappointing. The clincher was how they handled the passengers for the 8/27 sailing that ultimately was cancelled. They put many people, and would have put us as well if they could have, into harms way. They are so focused on squeezing every penny out that it doesn't matter how much risk they take with their guests safety. I don't see myself sailing them again, at least not until there is a new CEO.

The windjammer closed at 9. Last year i could get skim milk for my son anywhere but this year they told me to order from room service (which meant a $7.95 service charge). Once the main dining areas were closed at 9, you couldn't find fresh fruit unless you ordered room service.

There were ways around all of the above...especially the milk and fruit....I just ordered extra milk in the morning and took a plate of fruit back from windjammer. .

On certain ships I've been on if you order fruits, yogurt, pastries, toast, juices, milk, etc from room service early morning, there's no charge. Not sure if it was like that on your sailing.

On certain ships I've been on if you order fruits, yogurt, pastries, toast, juices, milk, etc from room service early morning, there's no charge. Not sure if it was like that on your sailing.

This is true of all Royal ships now. Continental breakfast in the morning hours is complimentary.