How bad will it be in January???

viennastatic

Honestly it all depends on the weather that week. On one of our sailings the dawn was delayed arrival a few hours because they had to break the ice with tugs before the dawn could sail into port. Another year it was smooth sailing. In the past if you park your car at the port ncl will have the car brushed off and shoveled out if there is a snowfall while you are at sea. You'll be in the hot tub by your first sea day.

Honestly it all depends on the weather that week. On one of our sailings the dawn was delayed arrival a few hours because they had to break the ice with tugs before the dawn could sail into port.

That would have been the 1/25/2004 Dawn:eek:

Dawnice125b.jpg.5bff395dc8339a8bc47735b2c5d7870c.jpg

I was on the Dawn President's Week last year.

On the days at sea, it was cold and windy on the pool deck. I went to the hot tub anyway and ran inside when I was done.

Too bad they don't have a dome like the old Big Red Boat.

That said, I'm cruising out of NY this winter as well.

Not that cruising out a warm water port is any easier. We cruised January 2005 on Celebrity Millenium and got stuck at Newark Liberty Airport for many hours waiting in line to be de-iced. Good thing we left the day before!

We've cruised twice in Feb. on the Dawn. In 2004 it was very cold in NY (single digits) and was also cold in Florida and Bahamas (7 day cruise). We were a group of 5 couples and had a picture taken with all of us in front of the Dawn in Nassau with our sweaters on. :)

This past Feb. 2005 (10 day) and although very cold in NY it was wonderful the second day on the ship and the Caribbean was great beach weather for all 5 islands.

I'd much rather take this cruise out of NY in Feb than trying to battle the airports. There's so much to do on the ship if the weathar is chilly outdoors ...

Have fun ... the Dawn is great ...

Archived