Carnival cruise general questions

KPookey

I am planning to book for spring. Are you allowed to carry on any wine? Royal Carribean allows 2 bottles for example. Also, in a nutshell how do the credits card points work. I applied for a card and am hoping to use points to offset food and drinks on cruise. Thanks.

I am planning to book for spring. Are you allowed to carry on any wine? Royal Carribean allows 2 bottles for example. Also, in a nutshell how do the credits card points work. I applied for a card and am hoping to use points to offset food and drinks on cruise. Thanks.

"At the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring one 750 ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne per person in their carry-on luggage."

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=53993707

Yes, you are allowed 1 bottles of .750 ml each adult in the cabin. However, make sure you bring your own wine bottle opener as you will be charged $15 corkage fee if you take it to dinner to be opened at your table. But feel free to take a glass or two to dinner with you as that is allowed. :). I have the carnival card and it has came in handy many times over the years. You earn 2 pts. Per charge while on the ship, and I think it's 1 pt. Per charge on any other items. We just used it for our upcoming trip and have received $100 bar credit, $10 photo credit, among others. But word of warning - you have to have at least 2500 pts to redeem or you won't be able to do so for any upcoming cruise and you can not redeem anything that is within a 2 week window of your cruise (I learned that the hard way in June when we took our last cruise). Let me know if you have any other questions and enjoy your cruise! We leave 2 weeks from this Saturday for our 20th wedding anniversary cruise - as long as the hurricanes will start behaving themselves, that is!! :)

Just a little clarity for the previous post. On the CCL card, you get two points for each dollar spent on Carnival and one point for each dollar spent on non-Carnival things. There is, I believe, a time limit on how long you can "bank" points before redeeming them.