Using Port Day Spa Voucher

KSprite01

My TA has given us a Spa voucher good for a port day treatment. Can I book the treatment online, then give the voucher in on embarkation day? I'm concerned about not getting the time I want if I wait till I embark to book. (Ideally I'd like it near the end/beginning of the day so I miss little to none of the port.)

My TA has given us a Spa voucher good for a port day treatment. Can I book the treatment online, then give the voucher in on embarkation day? I'm concerned about not getting the time I want if I wait till I embark to book. (Ideally I'd like it near the end/beginning of the day so I miss little to none of the port.)

The conditions of the voucher usually require booking on board.

Yes, it says "PLEASE SEE THE SPA MANAGER ONCE ONBOARD TO MAKE YOUR APPOINTMENT" which didn't read to me as an explicit restriction as with the others in tiny print at the bottom, but more of a process suggestion. If that's the case though - any issues with trying to save a time slot by pre-booking and then canceling once onboard and rebooking? I'm possibly overthinking it, but other hand, I don't know how booked up these slots get.

Yes, it says "PLEASE SEE THE SPA MANAGER ONCE ONBOARD TO MAKE YOUR APPOINTMENT" which didn't read to me as an explicit restriction as with the others in tiny print at the bottom, but more of a process suggestion. If that's the case though - any issues with trying to save a time slot by pre-booking and then canceling once onboard and rebooking? I'm possibly overthinking it, but other hand, I don't know how booked up these slots get.

If You book now you will have to pay now.

I had one of those from my big box TA, when I went to the spa to book it they told me there were only certain hours each day when it could be used. I had an 8am appointment for my treatment.

I will also warn you that they did not give me the full treatment that was stated, and tried to tell me it was $79 extra for what was listed on the voucher. I had asked what the treatment was without mentioning my voucher, and then when I produced the voucher to make the booking, they backtracked. I was really disappointed, especially because they charged the service fee based on the menu price of the treatment I had asked about.

They also tried to pressure me into buying at least $500 of skincare products and acted all offended when I said I wasn't interested.

Thanks for the heads up, that's what I was worried about. I planning to come back early on one of the port days - but that's also a tender location, so if there are long lines I could potentially run into an issue making my time slot. I could do an early day on the day we get into port late (I'm traveling with a young kid!), but I didn't know if that would be an offered slot. I guess I'll see! It was a bonus offer, so I'm prepared to not use it if the booking conditions don't work for us.

I just used these vouchers on Grandeur 2 weeks ago. I never received a physical voucher, I was told something would be in our cabin. Once we got to the cabin it was a letter from our TA with our perks (spa, specialty restaurant, etc.) but no vouchers, turned out we were on a list/in a system so the spa and specialty restaurants were prepared for us. The confirmation I received from our TA said that it could be used on a port day, so I planned to do what you did, before or after we docked. When I went to make the appt the spa manager tried to tell me it was only when the boat was docked. It was a little suspicious, I felt like she was making that up on the spot so I pushed and got one for 9am on a port day where we docked at 1:00pm. She did ask if I wanted to add hot stones but didn't push it.

We had two vouchers (two cabins), the first massage I got was the best of my life, she was so good and thorough and zero hard sell. The second was average, at best, and felt very rushed. She did a small attempt at selling products at the end but nothing big.