Allure Accessible Cabin info needed

carolitis

Hi. I'm new to RCCL. Old to Celebrity, Norwegian,Holland America and Carnival. Been a while though. Going on this trip with my spouse, sons fam including 4 of my 8 grandchildren. This is a major item on my bucket list after the last 2 years of severe health challenges. I've always cruised with challenges: just more complicated now. Planning makes less stressful. I Need a few specifics about our Accessible Oceanview Balcony Cabin on Allure- 6630. Anyone familiar with either this cabin/or Allure Accessible Cabins as a whole? I Appreciate any help! I am traveling with a scooter and bunch of med paraphernalia including daily IVs. Helpful to hear from others before I get too involved with the special needs dept. (I know that sometimes their answers are incorrect).

1.I need to either attach a Command Hook on the wall behind the bed to hang my IV, bring an IV pole, or hang IVs from a picture or lamp etc that might be behind the bed high enough. IV poles are large and heavy to fly in, and have not found a way to rent one yet. So the Command Hook option is preferable if it works. What is the wall behind the bed made of? Is a flat smooth paint finish, a textured paint finish, a vinyl or textured wallpaper? I need a smooth finish for a Command Hook to work. ( I just returned from a trip where they promised me a smooth painted wall but was textured so had to hook onto a picture that was screwed into the wall. Seems small but when bringing so much med stuff it all adds up).

2. I know that the accessible cabins are roomier to allow for scooter/wheelchairs but read they are missing some of the storage the regular cabins have. Can someone elaborate on where the missing storage is? (I know about the missing storage under the bathroom sink). Do you lose drawers? Lose Shelves in closet? Do you have under the bed storage? I have so many supplies to store it is best to know the situation so I can come up with solutions to make it easier to manage.

3. I was told the Balcony is larger. 80 sq ft rather than the norm 50 sq feet and I could put my feet up. This sounds great since are Drs orders and I spend so much time in cabin. Does anyone know if the Accessible Balcony Cabins have a chair on the balcony that will allow me to put my feet up somehow?

It is looks from the pics I have seen that all Allure cabins have fewer drawers for clothes than other Cruise cabins I have been in before.

I would love any other observations about the Accessible Cabins. Suggestions, tips or tricks to help me manage in this cabin. Or just suggestions about how to make the most of this Ship. I bow to those with expertise for help.

carolitis:cool: