Question for experienced Cruisers....Room Upgrade

David14259

Hey guys,

I have a class 6A room booked on the Miracle leaving the 25th, and I would really like to upgrade this to a balcony...I'm not looking for a free upgrade, I'm happy to pay for it.

The ship currently doesn't have an open rooms (besides interior rooms). My question is this: Can I expect a room to open up this late? Are there any tips or tricks to upgrading your room? Thanks in advance for you help!

David

May I suggest that you go to the Pursers desk just after you sail. Most ships go out full every week, and you will see a sign on the counter that says "The Ship Is Full" or something like that. The reason I suggest going to the pursers desk is that they do not know if there are any empty cabins until they sail. Someone may have canceled at the last minute for many reasons, and that cabin could be available.

Good Luck to you, and, it does not hurt to ask !!

Megamind

Thank you both for your replies. As I am my own travel agent... I guess I'll just have to keep checking. I'll also be sure to ask first thing when we get on the ship.

Thanks Again,

David

Have you already got your room assignment? You can call and ask...this close to sailing it should be made~ you might have already got an upgrade if you booked your 6a on a guarentee~

...an other option is the Spa deck Ocean View(I believe this is a 6F)~

Ask about this and see if they are available on your ship......these cabins are also ocean views...but the windows are huge! And they are at almost the top of the ship...so the view is awesome!

Also When you call Carnival again ask them to double check with "Ship's Inventory" to see if any last minute balcony rooms are available that are not in the reservations system....they will have to put you on hold to make that call...checking in their computer isn't good enough...so don't let them bully you...It is worth the call to really find out!!!

Good Luck,

Amy

PS***AND NEXT time use a good travel agent***: they can do all this for you and it won't cost any more $$$$ than you are already spending...They can meet or beat your best internet prices...just tell them what it is... and they can use this to compare within their search engines with the cruise lines....and sometimes if they can't beat it... they can get extra perks...more bang for your buck! I got my clients/friends going with me this month on the Valor~ $100 on board credit per room, upgrades from the 1st deck to the 7th, Sparkling Cider and chocolates for Bon Voyage~ all in addition to saving them $220 per person!!! There are good agents out there who love to cruise and really know the ins and outs of the business.

First, create an online account at carnival.com.

Then Log in, and click on the "My Reservations" button in the top left corner.

A page with your information should come up and on the right side there is a button for "Upgrade your stateroom".

Hope This Helps.

P.S. You can also call 1-888-CARNIVAL to upgrade too.

Have you already got your room assignment? You can call and ask...this close to sailing it should be made~ you might have already got an upgrade if you booked your 6a on a guarentee~

...an other option is the Spa deck Ocean View(I believe this is a 6F)~

Ask about this and see if they are available on your ship......these cabins are also ocean views...but the windows are huge! And they are at almost the top of the ship...so the view is awesome!

Also When you call Carnival again ask them to double check with "Ship's Inventory" to see if any last minute balcony rooms are available that are not in the reservations system....they will have to put you on hold to make that call...checking in their computer isn't good enough...so don't let them bully you...It is worth the call to really find out!!!

Good Luck,

Amy

PS***AND NEXT time use a good travel agent***: they can do all this for you and it won't cost any more $$$$ than you are already spending...They can meet or beat your best internet prices...just tell them what it is... and they can use this to compare within their search engines with the cruise lines....and sometimes if they can't beat it... they can get extra perks...more bang for your buck! I got my clients/friends going with me this month on the Valor~ $100 on board credit per room, upgrades from the 1st deck to the 7th, Sparkling Cider and chocolates for Bon Voyage~ all in addition to saving them $220 per person!!! There are good agents out there who love to cruise and really know the ins and outs of the business.

Travelwise would you contact me at murphsj@cox.net regarding the above? I am traveling in a group of 3 rooms. Thanks

The upgrade feature on the Carnival website is only available if you book directly through Carnival. I have two cruises booked; one via a TA and anothe via Carnival. I only see the upgrade option and the modify booking options with the direct-booked cruise.

The upgrade feature on the Carnival website is only available if you book directly through Carnival. I have two cruises booked; one via a TA and anothe via Carnival. I only see the upgrade option and the modify booking options with the direct-booked cruise.

That's true. I also called Carnival to ask about our cabins and was told because this was booked through a TA, he couldn't tell me anything about my cabins. You would think that all I had to do was call the TA, however my sister booked this cruise for 18 of us and I've never spoken to her TA. She also has all my docs. She's pretty busy and travels all the time so everytime I talk to her she's out of town and doesn't have the TA's number with her. So I guess I'll have to wait until we get to Miami to figure this all out.

Archived