Success "rebooking" an ES rate with OBC for the $50?

elmojessi

I swear I read a thread somewhere here about someone having success "rebooking" (as opposed to flat out cancelling) an Early Saver Rate and having the PVP give them an OBC of $50 per person to compensate for the $50 cancellation fee on the original booking, but now I can't find it regardless of my search terms.

Can anyone weigh in if they've been able to do this? If so, what specifically did you say when you cancelled your original booking to get the PVP to give you the OBC?

I learned an important lesson which is to double check what events are going on near the port BEFORE you book. Hotels and airfare are prohibitively expensive for the cruise we booked. We will be cancelling and booking for a sailing two weeks earlier, but I would love to get the $50 credited back, if at all possible.

Thanks!

Never specifically done this, but my PVP has been able to get us on board credit and other things like photo vouchers when we have had "issue" of some kind with our bookings.

Best thing I can say is to just ask. Explain that airfare and hotel costs are making it too cost prohibitive so instead of just having to cancel your vacation..you would really like to just rebook and "perhaps you could offset the 50 loss for me".

It would especially help if your new cruise costs a few bucks more and you could point that out too "I mean after all I am going to spend more on this cruise" ;p

Like mom used to say, "if you don't ask you never know."

I switched from the Conquest to the Breeze like the end of 15' with a TA and she never mentioned anything about a fee. Not sure if she swallowed it or not. Definitely Early Saver rates however.. But I don't see any reason why the TA should give you compensation for changing. You accepted the terms. However, with a PVP, they might do something different.