Condition of the Galaxy?

olectric

I am interested in the condition of the Galaxy. I want to take my wife on an annivesery cruise in the Penthouse suite and want some honest feedback on the condition of the ship and if anyone has recently stayed in the Penthouse suite I would like input on the cabin. Thanks.

My wife and I just returned from Galaxy. We stayed in 1052, immediately across the hall from the penthouse suites. Though we never actually "stood" bodily in the suite, the glimpses that we got were amazing. I don't know what level of granularity you're looking for in a description, but it looked pretty darn good to me.

(Take all this with a grain of salt, because it was our first cruise... ever)... but the Galaxy overall was incredible. Most, if not all reflective surfaces were polished constantly (elevator doors, mirrors, brass hardware, etc.) The cruise staff that are currently aboard are the nicest people.

The *only* complaint that we had (and it's probably an issue with most ships anyway) is that on the aft decks, *sometimes* (very rarely, of course) there are VERY SMALL pellets of soot that have come from the engine stack. We noticed it when going through the locks at Panama. Certainly, there could be a variety of factors that affect why that occurs. I would bet that happens on many ships, though. Just watch where you sit.

Again, our first cruise, but so, so, so, so, SO good! We would hop on the Galaxy again in a heartbeat.

Never having sailed in a penthouse suite, I cannot comment on the condition,however we did sail in a sky suite in July. The ship is wonderful, the staff are terrific, and our suite was superb. I can only imagine that the Penthouse will be that much more! I hope you enjoy!

Karen

Never having sailed in a penthouse suite, I cannot comment on the condition,however we did sail in a sky suite in July. The ship is wonderful, the staff are terrific, and our suite was superb. I can only imagine that the Penthouse will be that much more! I hope you enjoy!

Karen

Please don't tell me what questions to ask. I am looking for the most recent information and I am capable of deciding for myself if I want to post a new thread. Thank you.

I was not telling you what questions to ask. I was alerting you to the fact there have been a large number of posts in the last month or so about this very issue. You want the most recent response, the last month is pretty recent. I was letting you know that by doing a quick search you can find all the information you need as opposed to waiting several days to get the info you wanted.

Besides, you will also find by asking the question here, you will get responses from people who have cruised on here up to a year ago, not the most up to date info.

Have you checked into looking into the ship reviews? There you will be able to find the most up to date info.

I'm sorry if you don't appreciate my help, but I was just trying to speed up the process of you getting the info you want.

Please don't tell me what questions to ask. I am looking for the most recent information and I am capable of deciding for myself if I want to post a new thread. Thank you.

I suggest you lose the attitude. Chessbriar was just trying to help you so there is no need to be so defensive. :eek:

We were in RS1028 on Galaxy for its 10 night cruise in the Med in October. After embarkation, our Butler showed us the PH on the starboard side.

Since the PH pax had not yet embarked, we were able to have some time to look at it. It was beautifully furnished and was huge. The butler's pantry and the larger refrigerator was a real plus. The big screen TV is also a plus, although the other electronic goodies seemed to be the same as those in a RS.

The PH is not any wider than a RS, and the veranda is no wider than those for a RS, but they are longggg! The dining room table if memory serves me correctly holds 8, while the table in a RS holds only 4.

Archived