Carnival Sunshine - Self Assist Disembark

cruiseprincess23

I've never done self-assist disembark and my family and I plan to do so on our next cruise. Our cruise says it arrives back in Port Canaveral at 8am and we want to be off as early as possible so we can grab an Uber and head to Magic Kingdom for the day. How does self-assist work? Will we be given the option of being one of the first off the ship or do they call by deck still? Can anyone walk me through the procedure? Thank you!

Those who choose self debarkation will be allowed to get off first. You will be instructed to gather at some public area at a certain time and as soon as the port authorities have cleared the ship, you will be turned loose to go. Just remember, there is no "set time" that the ship will be cleared. Expect if there are no problems you will be off pretty early.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I appreciate your help! We'll be sure to ready to leave as soon as it clears!

Those who choose self debarkation will be allowed to get off first. You will be instructed to gather at some public area at a certain time and as soon as the port authorities have cleared the ship, you will be turned loose to go. Just remember, there is no "set time" that the ship will be cleared. Expect if there are no problems you will be off pretty early.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've never done self-assist disembark and my family and I plan to do so on our next cruise. Our cruise says it arrives back in Port Canaveral at 8am and we want to be off as early as possible so we can grab an Uber and head to Magic Kingdom for the day. How does self-assist work? Will we be given the option of being one of the first off the ship or do they call by deck still? Can anyone walk me through the procedure? Thank you!

You will go to a certain lounge and you will get off first or second.