Royal Caribbean insurance & damaged luggage

msvickyes

On a recent cruise on Antham my suitcase was damaged. I lost the first handle on the Virgin American flight and the other handle at the port. When I went to retrieve my bag before customs, the handle was there with the luggage tag, but my suitcase was in the unclaimed section. Hard to maneuver with zero handles.

I decided to try to put in a claim with the travel insurance I purchased at booking. I thought it would be a futile since the claim form wanted all kinds of paperwork from the airline and port, but I sent it in anyway with my original receipt of purchase and pictures.

To my surprise and delight, they approved my claim within a week and are mailing me a check for the full price of the suitcase. Excellent. I came very close to not bothering since I knew it would be denied. Glad I was wrong.

AON Insurance.

Glad to know. would have thought the same. I had brand new suitcase, flew from MI to Boston on Delta for cruise. Outside pocket with zipper was ripped all way down, only had that thin breathable liner keeping my clothes from rolling out. Delta refused as bag still usable, so sewed pocket down so wouldn't catch and rip more rest of my trip. I travel 6-7 months a yr and though this was minor I now always have travel insurance...