How long for canceled cruise refund?

readytolose

I'm hoping since my cruise out of Puerto Rico isn't until the end of November that I won't have a problem, but I have been looking at alternative cruises during the same time period just in case.

Since RCCL won't let me switch ships at this point I'm kinda in a wait and see mode. IF RCCL happens to cancel a cruise how long does it take for a refund? Or is it possible to call them up and ask for the funds to be applied to a different sailing?

If I have to rebook and then wait for a refund on the canceled cruise it's going to significantly cut into our spending money for our vacation.

Hopefully it won't come to this, but just want to be prepared.

Thanks

I'm hoping since my cruise out of Puerto Rico isn't until the end of November that I won't have a problem, but I have been looking at alternative cruises during the same time period just in case.

Since RCCL won't let me switch ships at this point I'm kinda in a wait and see mode. IF RCCL happens to cancel a cruise how long does it take for a refund? Or is it possible to call them up and ask for the funds to be applied to a different sailing?

If I have to rebook and then wait for a refund on the canceled cruise it's going to significantly cut into our spending money for our vacation.

Thanks

If they actually cancel your cruise, they will probably have an option for you to move to another sailing (including another ship), moving any monies paid along to the other cruise. Bob and mspink are correct as far as a refund being processed.

If they actually cancel your cruise, they will probably have an option for you to move to another sailing (including another ship), moving any monies paid along to the other cruise.

That hasn't been an option. They're refunding the original cruise in full and offering a FCC for another cruise taken within a year.

Thanks

Unless you are very close to your credit card limit, I wouldn't be too concerned. When you rebook, chances are you'll have at least 30 days before you'll actually have to pay that Credit Card charge. 30 days should be plenty of time for RCI to issue a refund.

Other factors would be if you are carrying a balance subject to finance charges. In that case a refund is not considered a payment, it just lowers your balance. All in all the net impact should be pretty close to zero.

Good luck!

That hasn't been an option. They're refunding the original cruise in full and offering a FCC for another cruise taken within a year.

I had three options for a cruise they cancelled on me, although it wasn't a "hurricane" cruise, it was an unforeseen fix a problem cruise. It's probably easier for them to just process a refund and issue a FCC than to give people options with all of the issues they are dealing with.