Upgrade Offer - Solo - Have To Pay x2?

TexasCigarGuy

Got the offer to bid for an upgrade.

I'm a solo traveler having paid the 2x single supplement for my current room. The offer states:

"Offers are based on two occupants per stateroom for the entire duration of the cruise - only the first and second guests will be charged."

Does this mean that if my bid of say...$200...is accepted, they will actually charge me $400? Effectively charging a single supplement on the upgrade price as well?

Thanks!

Funny you asked this. The answer is yes according to the FAQ for the upgrade program. We were just looking at that.

No FAQ link anywhere on my offer page, but a Google search did find it. Thanks!

Yep. Seems it will be x2. I'll just have to bid accordingly based on what I'm willing to pay.

Again...Thanks!

On the website, when you click on the lets get you upgraded banner...click on the FAQ at the bottom of that section. item #11 applies for solo guests.

Upgrade Advantage - how it works.

Welcome to Upgrade Advantage. In just a few clicks, you can submit an offer to upgrade your stateroom on your upcoming cruise.

Browse through the stateroom options below. Making offers on multiple rooms will increase your chances of getting upgraded, but you'll only ever pay for one upgrade.

Here's how it works:

1. Name your bid to upgrade your stateroom on your upcoming cruise, then click Continue.
  2. We'll notify you via email if your request for an upgrade has been approved.

If your offer is accepted, you'll be charged for the upgrade. If not, you pay nothing and keep the stateroom you have.

Offers are based on two occupants per stateroom for the entire duration of the cruise - only the first and second guest will be charged.

Please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions about the program.

https://www.ncl.com/content/upgrade-advantage-faq

Yes

Easy stuff.

If one person will give $200 to upgrade and the other will tie $400 to upgrade... well, which makes more financial sense.

This is ALL about the end result in dollars. They are a business.

They would probably be better off just having one number vs. the times 2 thing.

$200 times 2 is exactly the same as $400. Just call it $400 and move on.