C&A "Bring A Friend Program"

Just off the phone with C&A, states that if you book your cruise thru a TA you are in a group, thus do not qualify for Bring a Friend program.

Booking with a TA does not automatically mean you are in a group. We've gotten the OBC when we were booked with a TA.

I booked via club royal and have no onboard credit, but the other 2 cabins of newbies booked via a TA would that mean I wont get it?

If either booking is part of a group booking, you won't qualify.

If either booking is part of a group booking, you won't qualify.

How do you know if its a group booking ?

Is it the same here in the UK?

We are off on Oasis Jan, 3 cabins, all with there own booking numbers, but booked together via a TA ?

Confused ?

How do you know if its a group booking ?

Is it the same here in the UK?

We are off on Oasis Jan, 3 cabins, all with there own booking numbers, but booked together via a TA ?

Confused ?

Ask your TA if you are in a group booking.

I don't know if the Bring-a-Friend rules are different (or if the promo even is available) in the UK.

Ask your TA if you are in a group booking.

I don't know if the Bring-a-Friend rules are different (or if the promo even is available) in the UK.

It shows on my cruise planner but then comes up error. I have emailed them but up to now haven't had any response ?

Just off the phone with C&A, states that if you book your cruise thru a TA you are in a group, thus do not qualify for Bring a Friend program.
I booked through a travel agent and got my refer a friend and RCCL OBC in February. There are several reasons why your agent might have put you in a group. Either you get a better rate or in our case their was a particular room category that we wanted but was being held by a group. So if my memory is correct we were in a group category but did get the referral. I actually called in a week before to check as it did not show up online for me.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

It shows on my cruise planner but then comes up error. I have emailed them but up to now haven't had any response ?

Do you mean you get errors when trying to submit the form? If so, I had that problem also. They are apparently having website issues. You can either wait and try again tomorrow (although I had tried for 2 days with no luck)) or call C&A and they will put the request in via email (the system isn't even working on their end). I did just that about an hour ago. :)

Do you mean you get errors when trying to submit the form? If so, I had that problem also. They are apparently having website issues. You can either wait and try again tomorrow (although I had tried for 2 days with no luck)) or call C&A and they will put the request in via email (the system isn't even working on their end). I did just that about an hour ago. :)

Thanks, I had already emailed and received a response just now saying they have submitted the requests for both cruises which will be processed 1-2 weeks before sailing. Does that mean they can still be denied?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks, I had already emailed and received a response just now saying they have submitted the requests for both cruises which will be processed 1-2 weeks before sailing. Does that mean they can still be denied?

Yes, it can still be denied.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question. I have 2 rooms that I have applied for the Bring a Friend OBC. I have booked with a TA. But I cannot see where they are listed as Pending or Accepted on the My Cruises page. Can someone tell me where I can see these? I assume they are still pending, but at least I can track them. Thank you all.

Quick question. I have 2 rooms that I have applied for the Bring a Friend OBC. I have booked with a TA. But I cannot see where they are listed as Pending or Accepted on the My Cruises page. Can someone tell me where I can see these? I assume they are still pending, but at least I can track them. Thank you all.

Right under the words My Cruises, I see 4 tabs: Itineraries, Profiles, Messages, Bring a Friend. Click on Bring a Friend.

Yes. Thank you. I always thought that was the link to find out more information about the program. I assumed (yes, I know) that it would be in the Cruise Planner or on an invoice from the TA. As everything is now all paid, I would have no need for another invoice unless that was the place to see it. It is interesting that it has the full history there. Thank you again for your quick response.

Yes. Thank you. I always thought that was the link to find out more information about the program. I assumed (yes, I know) that it would be in the Cruise Planner or on an invoice from the TA. As everything is now all paid, I would have no need for another invoice unless that was the place to see it. It is interesting that it has the full history there. Thank you again for your quick response.

You're welcome. The last time we did the Bring a Friend thing, it took until a couple of weeks before the cruise before the OBC was granted. Once you see the OBC granted, you can ask whoever booked your cruise to get you another RC Guest booking confirmation, which should show the OBC.

• 1 month later...
What does "Host" position mean and how is that obtained?

A Host monitors the content on the forum and makes adjustments if necessary to make sure posts fit into the guidelines. Users are invited to become a Host by the management.

A Host monitors the content on the forum and makes adjustments if necessary to make sure posts fit into the guidelines. Users are invited to become a Host by the management.

Given you are usually first there with a plethora or wonderful advice I feel it is well deserved [emoji106]

In 2012, I asked my TA about this since my cabin mate was a newbie ((on Liberty of the Seas). She said it didn't qualify. Now I regret not looking into it myself...don't suppose they'd honor it retroactively, huh?