How early can you board?

toliver

toliver, We have sailed on the Legend 2 times out of Ft. Lauderdale. Seems like we got to the port a little before 11:00. Be prepaired for somewhat of a madhouse as there will still be a lot of people there from the previous cruise, but to me that is part of the adventure:D We've always got on board a little after noon. Seems last time they told us that the rooms were not ready yet but we found ours good to go. Enjoy the Legend!! It is one of my favorite ships!

Dave:)

We will be sailing on the Liberty out of Fort Lauderdale on Jan. 1st.

Are there advantages of getting to the port early in the morning ?

I would like to board as early as possible as well, but if they don't allow you to board until around noon, maybe we should sleep in.

If things go as expected, the last pasengers from the previous cruise will leave the ship at just after 10am. Maybe a little earlier....maybe a little later. The primary advantage of getting their somewhat early [early is the time noted here]....or shortly before the ship departs...is there is somewhat less of a "madhouse" in the embarking port. Also, if you arruve at 11am-noon, you also have the advantage of exploring the ship--discovering where everything is--while there are few others aboard

Yes, I like to get to the port early, too. I drive in, so it's no major problem, and I'm usually at the terminal around 11, and the latest I've been on board has been noon or 12:15...already having deposited my carryon in my cabin and enjoyed lunch on Lido by 12:30. Ahhhh. Nice to be early and enjoy checking out the ship before the crowds get there.:)

Another vote for getting there early. We were onboard by 11:30. It was great having the time to walk around, get the "lay of the land" before the ship was full. Felt like getting an exra half day. Within ten minutes of boarding we were on the back of the ship eating ice cream and relaxing, not too shabby!

Since the Conquest change departure time to 4pm instead of 6pm, are they changing the time of embark to an earlier time?

Doubtful. Embarkation cannot start until the ship is cleared of departing passangers.

Changing the departure time to 4PM actually puts the Conquest more in line with most of the fleet.

Everyone would like to be on the ship early.

The hard facts are that they will not begin boarding until all the previous passangers have left and a cabin to cabin inspection is completed.

Generally speaking, you will be lucky to be boarding by 12:30 - and that is usually priority boarding first.

Good rule of thumb is if you are in the line early you can be on board (usually) by 1 to 1:30p.m. Anything any earlier would be the exception.

If you are cruising over the holidays, remember, the pier will probably have a skeleton crew, so boarding will probably not be as smooth as at other times of year. I understand that porters will also be in shorter supply.

Guess it depends on the port, and how many people get there as early as you. I would say I've always gotten there around 11, maybe a little earlier, and on the ship by 12-12:30. I have not cruised out of FLL, but I would think getting there at 11'ish would be fine. Have a great cruise!!

Archived