Selling Tickets

alpal1993

Someone at my job is trying to sell tickets for a 5 night Zenith Xmas cruise.that family members can't use.I just want to be sure that I give her the correct info.I always thought that tickets once bought and paid for could not be sold.All Docs are issued in the name of the person.Obviously they did not buy insurance,or they would use it.Is this true?Or can you sell them?

That is absolutely correct. They CANNOT be used by any other party than the original ticketed name.

She needs to call the cruiseline and cancel, regardless of the penalty. There is *no* other option.

Gary, I'm not sure if this is entirely correct...

Last Dec./04, my DD was scheduled to cruise with a friend on RCI, and the friend had to cancel 2 weeks prior to their cruise. Our TA said a substitute name could be used, with WRITTEN consent of the original cruiser. All the paperwork was sent to RCL and my DD and other friend went on their cruise...

Karyn

Actually, I think you both may be somewhat accurate. I am cruising in February, and may be going solo. X told me I could change the name of the other guest up until 8 days prior to departure. So currently, the name of the other person in my party is my very young son who will definitely NOT be going!! If I decide to bring someone, I can change the name designation from my son to that of my guest pretty much up to the last minute.

However, I don't think I could "sell" the ticket to my cabin (i.e., one, but not both, names can change.)

So in the original inquiry, I don't think you can sell tickets, thus requiring a name change to both occupants of the cabin. But Karyn's DD was able to substitute a guest.

You can change have only one name changed. The person who booked the cruise, first person on the ticket cannot change.

This was exactly what occured in my DD's case...only one name was changed, and being that she was the original "first name booked", it was allowed and easily handled.

Karyn

Archived