Century cat 3 aft cabin question Deck 9 Vista

flashdog_1

My daughter can't stand for me to smoke indoors, and I notice that it looks as if there is a deck outside that group of cabins cat 3 on Century, or is it just a stairwell? Are these the family ocean view that have a divider? I think the end one is 9245. Would this do it for me?

I may have to get a sky suite with balcony in order to smoke! Does anyone know which of the sky suites have the large 142 sq ft balcony, and which the smaller, 69 sq ft ones? Choice is 1200 and 1060.

The deck area on either side of the aft Cat 3's is an outside stairwell. There is a large enough deck space around the stairs for reading, smoking, etc. When we sailed on the Century, some people put chairs out there just to be able to sit and enjoy the fresh air.

The aft Cat 3 cabins are the ones with the divider. The cabin is about 210 sq ft and the divider allows you to separate the sleeping area that has the double bed from the area with the window and three single beds. We were in 8231 (next to the port stairwell) and really liked it. Century Cat 3 Photos. If you click on the Mercury FO 1152 link in my signature below, you will see some photos of a similar cabin that we booked on Mercury.

The Sky Suites on the Sky Deck (Deck 12) are the ones with the large balconies. The Sky Suites on the Penthouse Deck (Deck 10) have the smaller balconies.

Thank you so much. I'm conferring w/my daughter about our cabin decision based on what you've told me. I do appreciate it. Seeing your photo of the century aft section allows me to see exactly what you mean about the outdoor staircase. Thanks again.

Celebrity just told me those stairs are for crew only! Was there a sign that said that? I was booking the family cabin when the agent put me on hold to ask her supervisor. i did not book it in case she is right. Please let me know.

I'm trying to find a place i can conveniently smoke (not in the cabin with MY daughter. ha ha) and thought I'd found it.

thanks.

Celebrity just told me those stairs are for crew only! Was there a sign that said that? I was booking the family cabin when the agent put me on hold to ask her supervisor. i did not book it in case she is right. Please let me know.

I'm trying to find a place i can conveniently smoke (not in the cabin with MY daughter. ha ha) and thought I'd found it.

thanks.

There was no sign on the door that said "crew only" when we sailed and the door was not locked to prevent people from entering inside the ship from that deck area. But that was back in 1996 although I really doubt that anything has changed. Also those stairs allow you to gain easy access to the outdoor buffet area from the aft Cat 3 cabins and vice versa--we used them alot!

For what it is worth, when we booked the aft Cat 3 cabins on the Mercury in 1998, we noticed that there was a public deck behind the cabin window shown on the ship's deck plan. When we asked our TA to find out from Celebrity what the deal was about that deck, we were also told that it was for crew/maintenance access only. That turned out to be wrong as there even chaise lounges that were put out there. I guess my point is that the Celebrity information can also be wrong here.

That's what I wanted to hear! Thank you. If the door is unlocked, i say "go for it." I'm now trying to be content with the guarantee I booked which is 5060 on plaza deck. I can just walk up one deck to the p®omenade and smoke if worse comes to worse. I was hoping on the aft family ones I could run out in my robe, but I won't do that from deck 5 to deck 6. ha

I, too, have received either erroneous or incorrect info from telephone Celebrity, so I'm counting on cruise critics to tell me the real scoop. Thanks.

The back stairwell was a fabulous public space on my Century Eastern Caribbean cruise. We had an inside cabin back there and probably spent an hour a day enjoying the semi-private space (not a lot of traffic) There was a young couple in one of the nearby cabins, and I often saw one or the other of them out on the stairwell with a fussy baby so the other could sleep in (this is true love)

Since it's a public space, isn't it only one side of the ship that allows smoking? I forget which. It's not a private balcony and there are stairs on both sides so you should smoke on the correct one.

)

Since it's a public space, isn't it only one side of the ship that allows smoking? I forget which. It's not a private balcony and there are stairs on both sides so you should smoke on the correct one.

Port side is the smoking side of the ship for the public outdoor areas.

If I do book one of those cabins I will be sure to smoke only on the official smoking side. On Summit it was port, on Millenium it was starboard, so I'll read Celebrity today to be sure it's port. Thanks again.

But I believe it is the lounges and aft buffet areas that are restricted. I've seen people smoke on both sides of the promenade deck since it's all outdoors. Does anyone know? I know you can smoke on your own balcony regardless of the "smoking side" of the ship, and inside your cabin regardless of side it is on. Knowing Summit's smoking side was port, i booked a port balcony on Millenium to find out that it was the non smoking side, but that didn't pertain to your own balcony.

It was printed in Celebrity Today. it wouldn't be the only thing that was told us incorrectly on the two night sailing. Muster was changed from one day to the next, excursions were postponed etc.

So according to the Celebrity excerpt from FAQ i can smoke on that stairwell regardless of side of the ship.

Archived