Addicted to the Bridge Cams

DoniaG

As my sailing date draws nearer, I find myself going more and more often to the Golden Princess bridge cam shots. They give a really good feel for the ports and weather. But I have a couple of questions for some of you more experienced Princess cruisers -

1) Where is the static cam located? It appears to be much higher than the 180 cam. It also appears to be re-positioned from time to time - sometimes shooting directly forward and sometimes shooting off-center. It isn't always easy to tell that both cams are shooting the same area. It also appears to be a longer shot than the 180 cam. Can anyone explain?

2) What is the swimming pool you can see on the 180 cam? I seem to remember that Princess has pools for their crews. Could that be what we're seeing?

Thanks to all, Donia

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."

Donia, well you made me look. If I am seeing what I think you are seeing from that 180 cam, it does look like a pool and it is at the front of the ship? If so, yes, that is the crew pool. (I THINK) now how is that fr information?

Star Princess 9/03 Alaska

Celebrity Mercury 3/04 Mexico

Next: Sapphire Princess 10/2/04 Mexico

Celebrity Infinity 5/28/05 Alaska

Mercury Cruise 3/13/04 & Amtrak Train trip 4/04 Pic's

http://community.webshots.com/user/catmand100

Catmand -- I think you are right -- it's a crew pool. I, too, look in on the bridge cams --- to see where I've been and where I'm going. Anticipation is part of a cruise for me. BTW, Cat, good to see you back!! Always enjoy your good nature and bountiful information. These posts have been floundering for a while, but you give me hope!!

KATY

NCL NORWAY - 2000

GOLDEN PRINCESS - 2001

GOLDEN PRINCESS - 2002

HAL NOORDAM - 2002

HAL VOLENDAM - 2003

ISLAND PRINCESS - NOV. 2003

HAL VOLENDAM - JAN. 2004

CORAL PRINCESS - OCT. 2004

It's a lot better information than I had before - or at least I now have company in being puzzled! Thanks for taking a look and responding. Beware, you may now become as addicted as I am to this silly pastime!

Thanks again, Donia

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."

OK, I gave in to my addiction again this morning with the information from another poster about location in mind. Could I possibly be seeing the end of a runway for the adjacent airport? Wow! That's really close! Am I also seeing a line of taxis to take away those poor people who have just completed their cruise. Thanks, Donia

Yeah, you know you've got it bad when you get up at 5:30am to watch "your" ship's webcam as it comes into port! icon_rolleyes.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800000&cdt=2004;6;27;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0700

Until I Sail for Alaska on the Sapphire Princess

Sapphire Princess-Alaska-2004

Coral Princess-Coastal-2003

Ain't it the truth!!!! Glad to hear from another addict! Donia

We just returned from Alaska and I also am addicted to port cams. We had a bit of fun with Juenau's port cam. Juenau's web cam can be made bigger by clicking on the picture. I sat our daughters up on their computers before we left. Called them from port, then went and stood and waved for 5 minutes. They all saw us and son-in-law e-mailed us the pictures on the ship. Had fun showing the purser's staff who were unaware of port cams. Phyllis

That is soooo cool! Now I have to start trying to find the port cams! Thanks for the tip. Donia

I enjoy the bridge cams also - but sometimes get frustrated when they are not updated, or are incorrect.

Example, Sapphire Princess's bridge cam says it is enroute to Victoria, at 16:37 pm today (in the future), the cam shows it berthed behind a HAL ship, yet another thread on CC says she is in Seattle today.

Michael

Thought I would bring this back to the top with the comment that those of you sailing the Explorer itinerary on the Golden should take a look today. The cam shots from Aruba are the prettiest I've ever seen. Do wish they would clean the lens on the 180 cam, though. Donia

Archived