Bunch of pictures of Brilliance (Radiance Class) Aft JS 1602

MysticRhythmCruiser

Greetings,

Just came back from Brilliance cabin 1602 and took a bunch of pictures of our cabin. AWESOME views and great location especially for the canal crossing, and plenty of space.

Pros:

- Loads and loads of space. About 15x12 in our estimation. We were given three loungers, two side chairs and a table and it was still very roomy.

- Nice and quiet in terms of hearing people wandering down the halls -- you don't hear them!

- Because the top of the balcony angles back, you can sit at the very edge of the balcony and get a phenomenal view of the stars. The Milky Way and several planets were clear as can be.

Things to be aware of:

- Back of the ship can vibrate a bit...didn't bother us at all but may be noticable to someone who is sensitive to noise or vibration. Interestingly enough, it was quite noisy in the bathroom all the time. Vibration is particularly noticable during docking/undocking.

- It's a hike to the back of the ship but after a day or two it really doesn't feel all that long (and the walk did us good after those wonderful dinners!).

- Late at night, they hose off the Windjammer and Seaview Cafe. You may hear the water hitting your balcony, or (in my case when I dozed off in my lounger) find yourself getting splashed with water. They do it way past midnight though so it really isn't a problem -- just something to be aware of.

- If you want privacy, just remember that the outermost 3 feet or so of the balcony can be viewed from the outside deck of the Windjammer -- as I discovered when I wandered out in my PJs and found fellow cruisers waving hello to me from the Windjammer deck :)

Here's the link to pictures if you are interested...

http://community.webshots.com/album/516723980rCeBLj

Cheers,

Esther

Steffie, there is only a bit of Windjammer seating directly above the aft cabins. We were in Alaska when were were in 1100 and it wasn't the best weather, so there weren't too many people out there. We never heard much from up there. No scraping chairs, just snatches of conversations. It might get noisy during breakfast or lunch on a nice day, but I don't think you'd have to worry about really early or late noise.

Did you notice much noise from the Windjammer like chairs slidding around, etc?

Was this your first trip to the canal? I am thinking about this trip for 2007. It sounds awesome.

Those pics are great. Thanks for posting them.

I agree...we went up to the Windjammer to see exactly what it was like, and there are a few four person tables situated around the perimeter. The noise is well buffered. I don't have a pic of it but the balcony ceiling is significantly higher than the cabin ceiling -- so there's a good few feet of room that buffers deck 10 from the noise above. Other than conversations of people right at the edge, there's no noise of diners.

It was our first trip to the canal...loved it so much we are doing it again in 2007 and in the same cabin!

Cheers,

Esther

Thanks for the information. I really want to do this one. We only have the time to do the partial and I really like where it is going.

We are going on the Mariner next year and will have our first JS so I am thinking we will be spoiled from that and afraid I won't be able to go back to a regular balcony room again. I saw the JS on the aft and thought that would be a perfect location Either the one you stayed in or 1100.

Any particular excursion that you would recommend?

Again, thanks for the pics and info.

Archived