Weather Help...please!

CRUISING TO THE BAHAMAS ON MARCH 26, 2005, CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THE WEATHER IS LIKE THEN? WORRIED ABOUT THE TEMPERATURE ON DECK AT NIGHT AND WATER TEMP AS WE ARE PLANNING A SWIM WITH THE DOLPHINS PLUS THE 2 TEENS WANT TO SUNBATHE. DON'T WANT TO OVERPACK BUT WANT TO BE PREPARED:eek: !

IS ANYONE CRUISING WITH US?

The weather that time of year should be warm, but note that it can be very unpredictable because it's not that far from Florida. We sailed one time the second week of April, and the temp didn't get above 55 during the day. But this was very unusual. Since you are going late March, I think you'll be fine with the water temps. It may get a bit cool at night, and as long as the sun is out, sunbathing shouldn't be a problem.

I've been in the Bahamas in March and it was warm (80s) though for me the water was still too cold. I'm originally from the Gulf coast and have been spoiled by 85-86 degree water from June to October. However, we were also in Destin, Florida in late April this year and DH and his kids, who are from northern PA said the water felt GREAT!! Of course, I found it WAY too cold for my tastes, LOL! I guess its according to what you are used to. Also, as a note, I've been in the Bahamas also in February and April and it seems to be very windy there then. I'm not sure if that was a fluke or if it is genuinely windy there during the late winter/early spring time as a general rule.

Regardless, I'm sure you'll have a good time!! :)

Vanessa

Archived