Norewegian Jade-Mid Sjip Balcony Room 10046

chenz240

Wondering if anybody could give some insight on this room. Booked over a year and ago and looks like they placed us in the first mid ship balcony room for that category.

Should we request a better room?

Pros and cons would help

Thanks fellow cruisers!!

I have Sailed Jade 2 years ago, but not in that category of room. Being a former US Naval Officer, I can tell you that if you suffer from motion sickness, midships provides the most 'stability' in terms of pitching bow/stern. So, keep that in mind.

Are you trying to avoid location to elevators, clubs etc...??

I know Jade recently did a very nice upgrading and you should enjoy your experience!!! We did!

Thanks for the info- I dont usually get sick, but have never really been on a boat that rocks alot. Id like to be away from noise as I am a light sleeper, so chairs moving on pull deck or a noisy elevator etc probably would kill my trip

10046 should be a good stateroom. There are a lot of connecting staterooms on the Jade, yours is not one of them. Deck 10 is a "sandwich" deck so you will have staterooms above and below you. It's a short walk from the forward elevators. Here is a link to the drag it decks side of cruise deck plans. Line up the elevators to see what is above and below the stateroom you are interested in.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/dragdeck.php?ship=Norwegian-Jade&zoom=1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi we recently travelled in cabin 10032 which isn't far from yours at all. I definitely would stay where you are, as it's so handy for the lifts (which we didn't hear at all incidentally) and the cabin, we thought, was very good. Just in case you would like some additional info...... we never saw our steward and the cabin was cleaned very efficiently as if by magic! There was much more closet/wardrobe space than I imagined and we easily stored 4 good-side suitcases and other bags under the bed (we were away for 3 weeks!!). We did two ships back-to-back - Norwegian Jade and Queen Mary 2 and I know I shouldn't compare as each ship was fantastic, but just to let you know - the bathroom and shower in particular were much better than the Queen Mary 2, which we sailed on immediately afterwards. Also, we used the gym each morning (again better than QM2) - which was a quick trot up one flight of stairs - really handy. Excellent gym by the way with fab sea views. Love the way the fish on the carpets in the corridor outside the staterooms point towards the front of the ship and on the other side, point to the stern. That was so helpful! Hope you have a really good holiday!