Obstructed View Ocean View

Pyxie

Looking at the Vista out of Galveston next October and really want to stay in a Family Harbor Ocean View cabin. I just put a courtesy hold on the last available cabin of this type (at least from what's showing online) and it says it is an obstructed ocean view. Does anyone know what exactly that means? The cabin is in the very aft of deck 2. Also, this cabin is directly below the MDR. Would we expect any noise from that?

I can't answer your question about the obstructed view but I can answer about the location. We were just in deck 2 on the valor in room 2475, which is the very back aft corner room. The dining room was right above us and we never heard noise from that. We did hear a bunch of noise from below and extreme vibration and rumbling from below as the ship was pulling in and departing from the ports.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had a Family Harbor Aft Obstructed Ocean View on the Vista last year and it was perfect. Because you're all the way aft, you don't really hear any hallway noise and we never heard a thing from the dining room above. We did experience a few vibrations, but they were at a minimum. The obstructed view is simply that you can't look straight down at the sea from your window, as there is a platform (decking) outside the window. However, if you raise your eyes just a little, you have that perfect aft view. We also loved having the use of the Family Harbor Lounge. They had a mini breakfast buffet with eggs, breakfast sausage, fruit, pastries, etc. It was so nice not having to fight the crowds on Lido. It was also a breeze getting back to our cabin after going ashore, so we were on a lower level. We would book one of those cabins again in a minute and we were a couple traveling without children! If you decide to keep your FH cabin, I hope your experience is as great as ours!

We had a Family Harbor Aft Obstructed Ocean View on the Vista last year and it was perfect. Because you're all the way aft, you don't really hear any hallway noise and we never heard a thing from the dining room above. We did experience a few vibrations, but they were at a minimum. The obstructed view is simply that you can't look straight down at the sea from your window, as there is a platform (decking) outside the window. However, if you raise your eyes just a little, you have that perfect aft view. We also loved having the use of the Family Harbor Lounge. They had a mini breakfast buffet with eggs, breakfast sausage, fruit, pastries, etc. It was so nice not having to fight the crowds on Lido. It was also a breeze getting back to our cabin after going ashore, so we were on a lower level. We would book one of those cabins again in a minute and we were a couple traveling without children! If you decide to keep your FH cabin, I hope your experience is as great as ours!

Thank you! This is exactly what I needed to hear. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums