Bidding for Upgrades on Various Categories

brandid82

What's the difference between when a cabin shows 'Sold Out', 'Not Available' or when it shows a price per person, but when you click on it, it doesn't bring up any cabin numbers to choose? We were given an offer to upgrade, but some of these options are showing that they are sold out, not available or do not show any cabins to choose from when doing a mock booking. Is it a waste to put a bid in on one of these cabins or is there still a chance we could be upgraded to one of these categories?

Thanks in advance!

Those categories could open back up if people cancel or are upgraded out of them into something else. It never hurts to put in a bid. Worst thing that happens is you stay in your original room.

Very true. Thanks! Do you know why some say not available vs sold out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am thinking you are looking at the booking page(s) where it usually offers to upgrade you when buying/booking. It probably does not look ahead to see if there any cabins when it does that.

This is TOTALLY different than the upgrade bidding process. It will allow you to submit bids even if that category is sold out. Why? When they finally do the upgrading closer to sailing, they could move people up from the "sold out" category to a higher cabin. Also, people could cancel.

And, they may have nothing, but at least they have someone that has offered to upgrade at a fixed price (bid).

I am thining you are looking at the booking page(s) where it always offers to upgrade you when buying/booking.

This is TOTALLY different than the upgrade bidding process. It will allow you to submit bids even if that category is sold out. Why? When they finally do the upgrading closer to sailing, they could move people up from the "sold out" category to a higher cabin. Also, people could cancel.

And, they may have nothing, but at least they have someone that has offered to upgrade at a fixed price (bid).

Yes, that makes sense. But on the actual booking page on NCL, January 5th on the Breakaway, cabin for 4. Why do some Suite cabin categories say not available? What does this mean? There is sold out, not available and the forward facing suites show available, but no staterooms are available to select when you select that category.

Yes, that makes sense. But on the actual booking page on NCL, January 5th on the Breakaway, cabin for 4. Why do some Suite cabin categories say not available? What does this mean? There is sold out, not available and the forward facing suites show available, but no staterooms are available to select when you select that category

It may be that some of those suites do not accommodate 4 people.

I am thinking you are looking at the booking page(s) where it usually offers to upgrade you when buying/booking. It probably does not look ahead to see if there any cabins when it does that.

Yes, I guess I misunderstood :-)

Yes, that makes sense. But on the actual booking page on NCL, January 5th on the Breakaway, cabin for 4. Why do some Suite cabin categories say not available? What does this mean? There is sold out, not available and the forward facing suites show available, but no staterooms are available to select when you select that category.

Spa Haven and Haven Penthouse staterooms have a max of 2 or 3 passengers, so you're limited to the number of suites that fit 4 passengers. They're "not available" for you but for someone with 2 people they are available to book. Forward & Aft suites, 2 bedroom suites, and OS+ will hold 4 (or more) passengers.

Yes, I guess I misunderstood :-)

Spa Haven and Haven Penthouse staterooms have a max of 2 or 3 passengers, so you're limited to the number of suites that fit 4 passengers. They're "not available" for you but for someone with 2 people they are available to book. Forward & Aft suites, 2 bedroom suites, and OS+ will hold 4 (or more) passengers.

Thank you! That makes sense. Forward Suites show available for 4 when I do a mock booking, but no cabin numbers show up to choose for some reason. Hmm...

Thank you! That makes sense. Forward Suites show available for 4 when I do a mock booking, but no cabin numbers show up to choose for some reason. Hmm...

I haven’t seen your computer screen, but this most likely means it is a guarantee, meaning you would AT LEAST get a forward suite. Most likely better.

Of course, that only means anything if you book directly. Trying to do Upgrade Advantage is a completely different story.

I haven’t seen your computer screen, but this most likely means it is a guarantee, meaning you would AT LEAST get a forward suite. Most likely better.

Of course, that only means anything if you book directly. Trying to do Upgrade Advantage is a completely different story.

I didn't realize Haven had guarantees. Here are screenshots of what I see when doing a mock booking. First the categories available, then when I click on the forward facing penthouse and choose the promo package, no cabin numbers are shown...

22f1e40d25a46d0cf0aea7bad76e3571.jpg

f2de43f6c4e7aa503c7b08cde182debc.jpg