Suggestions, 7 - 2

kathyemma

We will be in Nassau in a few weeks. We are only there from 7 - 2. I will be traveling with three others - ages 18, 19 and 84. The 84 year old can not walk long distances and will not use a wheel chair. I am looking for something the 4 of us can do between 10 and 1. Is there a beach close by that provides shade, food and drinks. It has to be calm waters so my mother can walk in. Any suggestions?

TIA

There is Junkanoo Beach (free public beach) within "walking" distance from the pork. I put that in quotes because not knowing your mother, I don't know how long of a walk she can tolerate. It took my family and I about 10-12 minutes to walk there from the cruise port. If you look up Junkanoo, you can find more info.

There is Junkanoo Beach (free public beach) within "walking" distance from the pork. I put that in quotes because not knowing your mother, I don't know how long of a walk she can tolerate. It took my family and I about 10-12 minutes to walk there from the cruise port. If you look up Junkanoo, you can find more info.

She can't even walk the length of the pier without stopping for a break. (Oh how I wish she would use a wheelchair!!!) We would have to take a taxi. Is the water calm (for my mom) and do they serve booze (for me)?

She can't even walk the length of the pier without stopping for a break. (Oh how I wish she would use a wheelchair!!!) We would have to take a taxi. Is the water calm (for my mom) and do they serve booze (for me)?

Yes, the water is calm enough that she could wade in it. They have restrooms, food, & drinks available. I think the Tiki Hut that is there at Junkanoo has drink/food/lounge chair specials.