Baggage Question re: Disembarking NCL Pearl in New Orleans

croozer2B

Hello, all,

Our family of five adults are cruising on the NCL Pearl at Christmas time and returning to New Orleans on Saturday, Dec. 30. We have an evening flight home and want to spend a few hours in New Orleans without hauling our luggage around with us. I notice that the Port website refers to a baggage transfer service. Has anyone used such a service in New Orleans? Did you find it reliable? Alternatively, does is anyone aware of a way we might be able to store bags for several hours? Thanks for your insights.

Polly

I called and it sounds like it's a courier service. They pick your bags up and meet you at the airport to give them back to you at a designated spot (like near the escalator in baggage). Sounded a little wierd so I'm still mulling it over. If anyone has any experience or other ideas I'd love to hear them.

A quick Google search brought up this. Looks exactly like what you are looking for:

http://www.advancecheckin.com/

Thanks, Colin. Your Google skills are superior to mine! This is the sort of thing I was looking for, but yowza! I was not expecting such a steep price tag! I'll be contacting them tomorrow, however, to see about onsite storage.

Check with some of the hotels near the pier and see if they hold your luggage for you or you can get a day room from one of the hotels.

Good idea! I'll check with the hotel where we are staying prior to the cruise. Thanks!

Hi, we got back into NOLA yesterday and dropped our bags at the Hilton at the port, they charge 2 dollars per bag for the day and were used to providing this service for cruise passengers . We had a day in NOLA and picked them up later

Thanks, Drivencruise! I think this should work the best for us.