White water rafting Petrohue River

jfguerra

We are going on a cruise starting December 8 leaving from Valparaiso Chile. I've booked the white water rafting excursion through Celebrity.

I have some basic questions:

Do I need to bring my own wetsuit or will they provide one?Will I even need one?

Since I wear glasses,should I take an old pairjust in caseI lose themon the rafting trip itself? I plan on tying them very firmly to my head but I would still like a perspective.

This will actually be my first Whitewater rafting experience. Any advice on how to dress?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Hi. We took the rafting tour during our Dec 24 2016 Infinity cruise. We had a great time. Wetsuits are provided for you by the outfitter that Celebrity used to run the tour. The name of the company was Ko'KayaK. Here is a link to their website that will provide you with more information. The water is pretty cold (I think it is partially fed by glaciers) and so you are going to want to use the wetsuit. There are changing areas provided at the outfitter's location as well as unsecured areas for you to leave your clothes and other things that you don't want to bring on the raft. My wife wore glasses during the rafting trip with no problem. She may have used a strap to ensure that she didn't lose her glasses. Your biggest risk to losing your glasses is if you fall out of the raft which can always happen.

I wrote a photo review about our cruise, here is the link. Here is the link to the specific post in my review about the rafting trip itself.

There was a freelance photographer, not affiliated with the outfitter, that took photos of our rafts from his kayak. When I find them later today, I will post them which will give you a better idea of what to expect.

The outfitter provided rubber boots to wear over your feet. You left your street shoes at the outfitter store. They worked fine.

I know how difficult it was to research the excursions on this cruise. So if you have any questions, let me know. I did discuss all the excursions that we took in the photo review

Edited by mahdnc